AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
couple nice looking old birds
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 25, 2023 08:39AM
1931 Auburn 8-98A Convertible Phaeton Sedan

1953 Riley RMF Saloon

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: couple nice looking old birds
Posted by: robfilms
Date: July 25, 2023 08:53AM
Bring A Trailer?

thanks for the sharing.

thumbs up.

rob
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 25, 2023 10:22AM
Given the plates bring a boat.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 25, 2023 10:38AM
RgrF
Given the plates bring a boat.

Nah, the Riley is in Texas, plus how many Rileys do you even see, let alone left hand drive ones?

The Auburn is gorgeous but basically a museum piece, whereas the Riley would almost certainly be more enjoyable to drive.

Or you could go with something that's somewhat more modern and several orders of magnitude more complex, a '64 Lincoln Continental convertible-

[bringatrailer.com]

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 25, 2023 01:30PM
Thrift Store Scott

[bringatrailer.com]

There is something odd about that image. All the black in the car portion has a blue glow around the edges and the red is too saturated.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: July 25, 2023 02:36PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Thrift Store Scott

[bringatrailer.com]

There is something odd about that image. All the black in the car portion has a blue glow around the edges and the red is too saturated.

You're not wrong. All the pics from that shoot have a bluish tinge to them, most noticeably on the chrome pieces. Camera setting manipulation to make the red interior "pop"? Maybe a PhotoShop filter applied to every pic? The engine pic from a different shoot/location doesn't seem to have the bluish tinge to it.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 25, 2023 05:24PM
I'll have mine in red please.....

To match Famke's outfit, of course....

==
Date: July 25, 2023 05:32PM
Buzz

If you want to get noticed everywhere you go, a 60s Lincoln with suicide doors is the way to do it. Unfortunately they drive the way our European friends think all American cars drive- Not bad in a straight line, but like a schooner under full sail in even the mildest curve. Fair enough, they were never designed to be great or even particularly good handlers. Just drive slow and let everyone stare in wonder as you glide smoothly by.

Date: July 25, 2023 05:59PM
OK, if you twist my arm, I'd settle for this one.....

But I kinda do like the rear end of the '62 better.....

and the grill from the '66.......

cool smiley
==
Posted by: DP
Date: July 25, 2023 06:21PM
The blue is just the sky reflecting in the chrome strips.

But, yeah, the suicide doors are the way to go...

Something different.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Date: July 25, 2023 06:23PM
Thrift Store Scott
Buzz

If you want to get noticed everywhere you go, a 60s Lincoln with suicide doors is the way to do it. Unfortunately they drive the way our European friends think all American cars drive- Not bad in a straight line, but like a schooner under full sail in even the mildest curve. Fair enough, they were never designed to be great or even particularly good handlers. Just drive slow and let everyone stare in wonder as you glide smoothly by.

My dad had a '63 Continental hardtop, followed by a '65 hardtop. The former in a medium-lightish green, and the latter in dark green. I only got to drive the '63 a couple of times (w/ my learner's permit), but I did put some miles on the '65..... IOW, I'm quite familiar w/ how those old boats drive; from hands' on experience. Several years ago on one of our trips to Maui, I got a spiff from one of the car rental places for a then-new Caddy model, so I booked it.

We got to Maui, and my damn walker wouldn't fit in the special Caddy! So they swapped us into a literally brand new Lincoln Town Car for the same price. We had to wait for 'em to take it off the delivery truck and wash it. It had like 7 miles on the odometer! That sucker woulda held three walkers. It was a bit of a retro deja vu driving experience for those couple of weeks.

cool smiley
==
Posted by: DP
Date: July 25, 2023 06:29PM
How about this guy?

Something different.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 25, 2023 06:32PM

Hurts like a bastid...
Date: July 25, 2023 10:39PM
DP
How about this guy?

Sold! Just change out those funky wheels before loading it on the transpo.

cool smiley
==
Date: July 25, 2023 10:49PM
mrbigstuff

Paint it red, stuff a cute puppy and a 429 in it, and it's a surefire winner!

yum smiley
==
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 26, 2023 05:24AM
.....thought this would be about Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 301
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020