advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Company made a small error on a $2.50 promo - I pointed it out and they refunded my whole $50 order
Posted by: hal
Date: August 01, 2023 12:19PM
Kodiak Maple Almond oatmeal is my fav BY FAR. It's expensive, but it's really hearty and is very low in sugar while still having a sweet taste.

A lot of others seem to think the same. It is ALWAYS sold out at my store. Most stores locally don't carry it at all. I contacted them and they admit that they are having sourcing issues, but told me that it wasn't discontinued. I thought about buying some direct from them.

Their price is high, but if you subscribe, the price goes way down - below discount retaIler prices.

While at the site they had a little promo - a free oatmeal cup with any order. The blueberry cream flavor sounded interesting, so I opted to get that along with my 8 BOXES of oatmeal (had to get over $45 for free shipping).

I enter the code for the free cup, but was told that the code didn't apply to my cart.

It is an obvious error - I took a screenshot of the cart with the error and added 'something ait right here'. I went ahead and placed the order for the 8 boxes anyway. Got tracking info pretty quickly.

Within an hour I got a reply asking me to send them the order number and they would refund the price of the cup, but I replied that I had already placed the order without the cup - they could send it to me if they liked (I'm thinking that it's not a big deal - $2.50).

The next day I get a notice that my $50 order has been refunded. I get another notice with a second tracking number.

They refunded the whole purchase and then sent me the free cup in a separate UPS shipment.

That's nuts! But they made me very happy doing it...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Company made a small error on a $2.50 promo - I pointed it out and they refunded my whole $50 order
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 01, 2023 12:32PM
Re: Company made a small error on a $2.50 promo - I pointed it out and they refunded my whole $50 order
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 01, 2023 01:48PM
Nice!
I’ll bet you will order from them again, and maybe your forum friends might order from them, too!

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 01, 2023 11:19PM
Wow. Love when that kind of thing happens!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 02, 2023 11:01AM
Mrs. Buzz loves Kodiak stuff, too, but she buyz it wherez we'z findz it; never ordered direct tho.
Good to know their CS is top notch.
Congrats on your participation.
==
Posted by: iaJim
Date: August 03, 2023 09:04AM
So I did a search for the Kodiak oatmeal and found that it is available at Walmart, so I went there and bought a box. I'm sorry, but this is the worst oatmeal I have ever tasted. What am I doing wrong? Microwaved it for the 30 seconds as per there directions. It was awful. Like eating raw oatmeal with lukewarm milk. I added another minute and it was not good then either. I added some water and hit it for another minute and I just ate it to eat it.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 03, 2023 03:37PM
I frowned the first time I ate it too, but by the time I was done, I was hooked. It doesn't taste like any other instant oatmeal I've ever had so it's shock any expectations you might have.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 149
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020