advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Flight cancellations compensation
Posted by: gadje
Date: August 10, 2023 11:37AM
Austrian. Wife was rebooked for the next day.

We are pleased to offer you compensation of USD 656.53 which is equivalent to EUR 600 without prejudice for the inconveniences caused. We already sent the payment to our accounting department. However, I would like to ask for your patience as an international money transfer may take up to three weeks due to administrative reasons.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Flight cancellations compensation
Posted by: dk62
Date: August 10, 2023 11:40AM
Always better to fly under EU protection rules than by American companies, at least from the US (when flying from Europe, even American companies have to follow EU rules)
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: August 10, 2023 12:53PM
I had a flight, not cancelled, but overbooked, from Palm Springs, CA, to a neighboring state. This occurs basically every time I fly from the PSP where they ask for volunteers to take a later flight (same day, or next) - usually I do not skip the flight, even though it is easy money. This was United, and if they do not specifically announce a comp price/voucher that they will credit you (and it will keep rising if no takers), they will ask that you submit a dollar amount you would like to have, and then they will see if they can accommodate.

The last time this occurred, they asked us to do it via the app (or go up to the podium). I have done this before, but thought why not, I'll try some absurd number, not planning on getting it and just wanting to get on with the flight,so I put in $1,200.00.

They called me up 5-10 minutes later and gave me my voucher without a blink. I told them I would just take the next flight out tomorrow morning, and asked if they can put me up in a hotel; sure enough, they did (nice hotel). Surprised me on that one. Usually you can get $500-$800 out of them almost any flight, but never thought I'd get more and an overnight stay.

I felt bad for the other people. I was sitting close enough to hear their discussions at the desk, and most everybody else just requested anywhere from $200 - $500.

This was just earlier this year.

Posted by: tronnei
Date: August 10, 2023 03:54PM
Our flight from Dublin to NYC was canceled and rescheduled for the next day. We received full refund for the flight and had 50% of our expenses also reimbursed. We came out ahead $1,000+, and got an extra day in Dublin to do fun stuff.

Gotta love the EU.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 10, 2023 05:23PM
It’s good unless it’s a weather issue…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020