advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
what do you e(x)Spect?!…..Spectrum transitioning those with legacy cable plans……
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 12, 2023 07:41AM
…..there is a reddit thread about Spectrum transitioning those with legacy plans that are no longer offered to newer plans which have much less channels…..some are losing 25 to 50 channels…..

….one can add those channels back but at additional costs on the newer plans…..searched but have not found an article on this yet but a lot of news on reddit threads have come to fruition…..

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2023 07:44AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what do you e(x)Spect?!…..Spectrum transitioning those with legacy cable plans……
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 12, 2023 09:06AM
NEwton,

If Spectrum does this then other providers, i.e. Verizon and Optimum, will do it, too. That'll annoy me tremendously since I have a very good legacy TV programming package that includes several premium channels in it. I check each year and changing plans will increase the cost of the package and reduce the number of channels in it and the premium channels won't be included either. They'll be an additional cost.

Robert
Re: what do you e(x)Spect?!…..Spectrum transitioning those with legacy cable plans……
Posted by: Gareth
Date: September 12, 2023 11:01AM
I wonder if this is so that customers will be eligible for the free Disney+?

And, I wonder how old are these legacy plans to be losing 25+ channels? It might be a case of being transitioned to the default plan instead of the "matching" plan.

When I moved across town last year, I was forced to give up my legacy plan. I only "lost" one channel I cared about, that was in an add-in package that I was required to have with my legacy plan, but was optional with the new plan. (So I could have gotten it back for an additional $12/mo, but when that was the ONLY channel in that add-on I cared about, and it's available for free OTA, that was a hard pass).

Even my current plan that's only 11 months old appears to be a "legacy" plan now, but the replacement looks the same and is $5 cheaper (rate card rate).
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 12, 2023 11:04AM
The only thing keeping a lot of NYC customers with Spectrum, in neighborhoods/buildings they have a choice of providers, is NY1. Not that I'm nuts about it, there's too much fluff; but it's still better than the local affiliates for news. So tempted. though. We can finally get FiOS in our buildings.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 12, 2023 11:07AM
Gareth,

The legacy plan I have is from 2012. There are a bunch of channels I would be thrilled to give up but only if the cost of the package goes down accordingly. I definitely don't want to lose the premium channels because in addition to have them on the big TVs, I also can use the Verizon credentials to access the streaming versions. If you subscribe to HBO, you can in turn use your Verizon credentials to get MAX the streaming app. Same goes for Showtime and its streaming app.

Robert
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 12, 2023 11:17AM
LOL the joke's on them - I cancelled my Spectrum cable service a few years ago.

It is what it is.
Posted by: mspace
Date: September 13, 2023 09:00AM
It amazes me just how much money Spectrum spends on soliciting mail. I switched to Fios and I must get 1-2 pieces in my mailbox every 2 weeks. That has to cost them. A huge waste of funds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020