advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
gluttonous maximus?!…..McDonald’s phasing out self-serve beverage stations….
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 12, 2023 09:35AM
…..by 2032…..so you can’t refill a gazillion times…..

McDonald’s is getting rid of self-serve soda machines

.....McDonald’s is getting rid of one of its biggest perks.

The fast food chain is eliminating its self-serve soda machines by 2032 at its US restaurants, the company said, explaining that the change will make the experience consistent for customers and crew across the chain.

For decades, McDonald’s let customers fill (and refill) their own drinks at its dining rooms. However, consumer behavior has changed since the pandemic, and the chain has experienced a surge in business through its drive-thru and delivery services, with fewer people choosing to eat in its dining rooms, reducing the need for the machines.

McDonald’s future includes restaurant designs with smaller or no dining rooms (and high-tech drive thrus) to reflect that new reality. Digital sales (i.e. orders made on its app or through its partners like Uber) now make up 40% of its total sales, according to its most recent earnings report.

The chain also recently teased another major change, called “CosMc’s,” a new small-format location that includes a reduced dining area.

“There’s a number of places around the US where we are significantly underdeveloped relative to where the population exists today,” CEO Chris Kempczinski told analysts in June. “That opens up for us a whole bunch of development opportunities for us to go after.”

In the past, ditching dining rooms was “off limits” but customer habits have changed so much since the height of the pandemic. McDonald’s hasn’t released further details about the “CosMc” concept.

Other chains are experimenting with reinventing their designs too, including Chipotle, Taco Bell and Starbucks......

…….no more…..’unlimited’……fountain drinks……?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2023 04:29PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: gluttonous maximus?!…..McDonald’s phasing out self-serve beverage stations….
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 12, 2023 09:45AM
Didn't they recently switch all drink cup sizes to the same price? Maybe that wasn't a good idea after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2023 09:45AM by mikebw.
Re: gluttonous maximus?!…..McDonald’s phasing out self-serve beverage stations….
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 12, 2023 10:59AM
I don’t do fast food all that often, but sometimes wondered “ why would you pay more for a large, when you could refill as much as you wanted to”?
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 12, 2023 11:19AM
At the McDonald's I go to, nobody is ever inside dining.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 12, 2023 11:20AM
Lol. 9 years from now? What’s the rush?

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 12, 2023 11:22AM
mikebw
Didn't they recently switch all drink cup sizes to the same price? Maybe that wasn't a good idea after all.

The same price for all soda sizes has been effect for many months, if not longer here. However, it either had always been or fairly recently became optional at a given location.

Some outlets here have switched to a slight price increase as the size increases, less than 50¢ difference per tier.

A priest, a rabbit and a minister walk into a bar.
The bartender asks the rabbit "what'll ya have?"
The rabbit says "I dunno. I'm only here because of Autocorrect.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: JPK
Date: September 12, 2023 11:47AM
The three closest McDonalds by me are drive through only because they are rebuilding them on the inside. I don't like Mcd any more, but I don't know how BK stays in business. They have closed 4 of the 5 closest locations to me recently. Two of them were less than 5 years new?
JPK
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 12, 2023 12:54PM
They need to get rid of those disgusting drink cup lid dispensers, they're never cleaned and don't work half the time. The ones where pull the plastic door down to pull out another lid, they're gross. We rarely ever go to McDonald's so no big deal for us.

Grateful11
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 12, 2023 01:09PM
JPK
The three closest McDonalds by me are drive through only because they are rebuilding them on the inside. I don't like Mcd any more, but I don't know how BK stays in business. They have closed 4 of the 5 closest locations to me recently. Two of them were less than 5 years new?
JPK

We have a new Arby's that opened about six months ago in the parking lot of a defunct Mall. We have never seen more than one customer vehicle in the parking lot. Not sure what they were thinking when building it there.

We have two BK's, one is in between a Chick Fil A and a Hardee's, how in the world BK stays in business I have no idea, it's never busy. Everything else in that area, McD's, Hardee's, Taco Bell, Bojangles, Cookout, even Captain D's and naturally Chick Fil A all stay quite busy. You can see them all from one spot. I can't remember the last time we ate at BK.

Grateful11
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 12, 2023 02:02PM
Just don't take them away on the Jersey Turnpike!!!

Hurts like a bastid...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 393
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020