advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
rumspringa?!....Lifetime movie worth seeing? -> 'Amish Stud'.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 22, 2023 06:21PM
.....this is based on real life story of Eli Weaver.....he was Amish but had secret life online as 'Amish Stud' and would have affairs with women......he got one of them to kill his wife.....

.....Luke MacFarlane [ featured in many Hallmark movies ] plays Eli Weaver....airs Sep 30....

Luke Macfarlane’s Amish Stud Plots to Kill His Wife in Exclusive Sneak Peek at Lifetime Movie

....In Lifetime’s Amish Stud: The Eli Weaver Story, Luke Macfarlane portrays a philandering husband ready to risk it all for his side piece.

In the above sneak peek at the upcoming film, premiering Saturday, Sept. 30 at 8/7c, Eli Weaver (played by Killjoys vet Macfarlane) asks his mistress Barb (Criminal Minds‘ Kirsten Vangsness) to kill his wife by any means necessary — even at the expense of his own children.

Based on the true crime book A Killing in Amish Country: Sex, Betrayal and a Cold-Blooded Murder by Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris, the TV-movie follows the real-life story of Weaver, who rocked his small Amish community by plotting with his lover to get rid of his wife so they can be together.

“Devoted to her husband, kids and faith, Barbara Weaver (The Flash‘s Miranda MacDougall) was content leading a traditional life in her conservative Ohio Amish community — with no modern conveniences. Her husband Eli, however, wanted the things that were forbidden to him as an Amish man,” the official description reads.

Eli then began a secret life online, using the alias “Amish Stud” to pick up women for extramarital affairs. He “found his pick of curious women fascinated by the Amish lifestyle, and often spoke to his mistresses about his desire to kill his wife.”

“When Barbara is found dead from a shotgun wound, all eyes turn to Eli. But with his rock-solid alibi (fishing with friends at the time of the shooting), investigators had nowhere to turn, until they discover Eli had a secret cell phone,” the synopsis continues. “Their investigations led them to Barb Raber, a married Conservative Mennonite who had been having an affair with Eli and who was plotting with him to murder his wife.”....

................worth watching...........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2023 06:23PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: rumspringa?!....Lifetime movie worth seeing? -> 'Amish Stud'.......
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: September 22, 2023 08:07PM
My wife is Pennsylvania Dutch; as a shorthand I tell people I married into the Lancaster Mennonite Royal Family (my late father-in-law’s parents left the church when he was a little boy, but he was still mighty Mennonite to his last days).

Anyway: we get a good chuckle out of all the lurid cable TV Amish shows like this one. “Amish Mafia” got the biggest laughs..,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2023 08:08PM by Will Collier.
Date: September 22, 2023 08:09PM
Per the Mrs.: “There are NO Amish studs!” (Pause) “Now, Mennonites…”
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 22, 2023 08:44PM
LOL!
Date: September 23, 2023 12:08PM
Obligatory:

[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 263
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020