Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What is he catch here?
Posted by: gadje
Date: September 26, 2023 07:12PM
[bizrater.net]

Our lead story in this first Issue of H.O.M.E. focuses on how to access government funding programs that typically provide eligible homeowners with anywhere from $15,00 to $25,000 in payments that DO NOT have to be paid back, require no down payment, or any out-of-pocket expenses. The money can be used for home improvement and system replacement projects that add great value to your home. If you don’t want to apply the money to the upgrades to your home, YOU CAN KEEP THE GOVERNMENT MONEY – it’s YOUR MONEY, which you have paid as taxes ….or your kids will pay as taxes!!! We can finance any improvements or maintenance at your home so you can use the money now for your most pressing issues and make manageable monthly payments for the projects you need completed at the house – we can even help you finance other work!!!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What is he catch here?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 26, 2023 07:20PM
I'm not sure what they are raving about, but there are programs offered with federal dollars to rehabilitate your *existing* house. there is a lien attached to the house and the "loan" is paid upon sale or transfer. I'm guessing that is what this gibberish is alluding to in the above.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 26, 2023 07:42PM
Ask them

Posted by: gadje
Date: September 26, 2023 08:21PM
If you don’t want to apply the money to the upgrades to your home, YOU CAN KEEP THE GOVERNMENT MONEY – it’s YOUR MONEY, which you have paid as taxes ….or your kids will pay as taxes!!!

Something smells fishy here.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 26, 2023 10:33PM
gadje
If you don’t want to apply the money to the upgrades to your home, YOU CAN KEEP THE GOVERNMENT MONEY – it’s YOUR MONEY, which you have paid as taxes ….or your kids will pay as taxes!!!

Something smells fishy here.

No kidding. The last sentence is certainly meant to appeal to a particularly gullible crowd.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 26, 2023 11:46PM
Earn your $100 Dining Card
Fill out our quick form and set up a free
homeowner savings consultation

It's a high pressure inspection presentation (think 6hr timeshare sales pitch) where they hope to hook you and/or your spouse into buying overpriced repair services.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: gabester
Date: September 27, 2023 05:40AM
Can I keep the $100 dining card if I don't get the loan?

g=
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 27, 2023 12:12PM
gabester
Can I keep the $100 dining card if I don't get the loan?

Only after you pry it from their cold fingers after hours of hard, hard sell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020