advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone Pro case review
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 18, 2023 06:25PM
I got this case to go with my new iPhone 15 Pro.

[www.amazon.com]

Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid MagFit Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case

Great fit on the phone, buttons line up perfectly.
Nice lip around the screen side
Nice lip around the camera lenses as well.
Very strong magnet holds phone securely in my car while I drive, with this iPhone mount

Also it as a lanyard hole, perfect for using iPhone as a camera

Car mount I chose
[www.amazon.com]
so far, so good.

Magnetic charger/night stand
[www.amazon.com]
Stand, MagSafe charger and USB-c power adapter.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone Pro case review
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 18, 2023 07:04PM
thanks for those

we went with this car mount, so not directly in front of the vent

[www.amazon.com]

we have used spiggens over the years, always seemed fine.

thinking about trying this one, with scalloped edges... but don't love the non clear edges

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 18, 2023 07:15PM
Curious if you don't charge your phone in the car, or if you plug a cable in?

I've been on the lookout for a Magsafe charging car mount with clamping arms. My brief test with Magsafe was that it was pretty strong with the bare phone, way too weak with a thin non-magsafe case, and ok with an add-on metal sticker. I like really thin cases, and haven't found a Magsafe case I like.

So far, this is the only Magsafe mount with clamps I've found [www.amazon.com] , and I tried it, but it was a little cumbersome to use and my van is a bit of a rough ride, so it still slipped out on occasion.

Thinking of trying this one next, with magnets and clamps, but not Magsafe, so it won't have the higher charging speeds for iPhone: [www.amazon.com]

And if I still hate that, then I may revert to the RAM X-Grip and just tape a Magsafe charger in the middle! [www.amazon.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 18, 2023 07:32PM
Have you done a test drop to see how protective it is?

Rolando
I got this case to go with my new iPhone 15 Pro.

[www.amazon.com]

Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid MagFit Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case

Great fit on the phone, buttons line up perfectly.
Nice lip around the screen side
Nice lip around the camera lenses as well.
Very strong magnet holds phone securely in my car while I drive, with this iPhone mount

Also it as a lanyard hole, perfect for using iPhone as a camera

Car mount I chose
[www.amazon.com]
so far, so good.

Magnetic charger/night stand
[www.amazon.com]
Stand, MagSafe charger and USB-c power adapter.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 18, 2023 07:56PM
I went with [www.amazon.com] which has worked well for my iPhone 13 Pro.

I like the look of the Apple leather cases but I find they're insufficient protection.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 18, 2023 07:57PM
I went with the Lamicall non-blocking mount.

My current car mount has a charging loop that's failed, so this will work fine, and I can plug in the charger if need be,

I like Lamicall stuff and have their charger-ready stand.

[www.amazon.com]

I was looking for 'Phone stands a couple of months ago and the selection has skyrocketed in a short time.

My ideal stand and mount would be a cradle style with a space for the charging puck.

Not likely, maybe I can cobble something DIY.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 18, 2023 08:26PM
Gareth
I did look at this one, but I decided to wait. Don't drive very much lately.
[www.amazon.com]

Speedy

Gonna try to avoid that, for now. I dropped my iPhone 5 on a downtown sidewalk with a similar case, with a screen side lip. Landed right on the screen side.
"Dammit!" I yelled. Somebody walking by saw it, made a sour face and said "ewww"

Case had a scratch on the corner from the impact. Screen was not cracked or scratched at all.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: davemchine
Date: October 18, 2023 09:22PM
I went with the Mozoter case which looks very similar. [www.amazon.com]

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 18, 2023 10:21PM
Rolando
Gareth
I did look at this one, but I decided to wait. Don't drive very much lately.
[www.amazon.com]

Speedy

Gonna try to avoid that, for now. I dropped my iPhone 5 on a downtown sidewalk with a similar case, with a screen side lip. Landed right on the screen side.
"Dammit!" I yelled. Somebody walking by saw it, made a sour face and said "ewww"

Case had a scratch on the corner from the impact. Screen was not cracked or scratched at all.

thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: October 19, 2023 12:30AM
Thanks for your review! I've been looking at cases as my wife and I plan to eventually upgrade to the 15 Pro from our 11 and 11 Pro phones.

I have been entertaining something different, but according to my Amazon history, I have purchased [HOLY CRAP] a total of EIGHTEEN!!! Spigen cases for family members dating back to the 6/6s. Almost all were Ultra Hybrid but none were MagFit (phones preceded MagSafe).

The choices/colors seem even more limited than they used to be, but I keep going back to Spigen because our phones have been the victim of 100s (perhaps 1000s) of drops with no repurcussions. We've had two cracked screens during that time, but both were the result of impact to the face itself.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: October 25, 2023 10:14AM
I think this is a great idea - short reviews with a link

We're always looking for recommendations from people we "know" and I think many of us who have been on the forum for years and years have developed a level of trust with other members

I'll be posting my little review of an iPhone 15 case shortly

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020