Apple TV+ prices have doubled in just over a year
Posted by: gadje
Date: October 26, 2023 09:00AM
[www.engadget.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple TV+ prices have doubled in just over a year
Posted by: JPK
Date: October 26, 2023 09:36AM
I have dumped Apple TV+, Disney and am considering dumping Netflix.

They are raising prices just because.

Tired of the nonsense.
JPK
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: October 26, 2023 09:57AM
Talk to your local library system to consider getting Rokus with subscriptions to various streaming services.

My NJ library allows you to check out a Roku box for two weeks and you have to wait 4-6 weeks (can't remember) before you can check it out again. It works well for us. I binge watch whatever during the day while I'm working and the SO has control of it in the evening since he works outside the house.

They've got on it: Netflix, Apple TV, Disney, Max plus the freebies of Hoopla and Kanopy that's included on our library cards. I don't know what they pay for the subscriptions tho.

Two weeks is long enough to watch whatever is new. Especially if they drop entire new seasons at one time. We'll be catching up on Ashoka for sure.

We also watch a lot on PBS so it is worth donating $5 a month to them to have access to their programs instead of being tied to the tv schedule.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2023 09:58AM by Lizabeth.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 26, 2023 11:03AM
i only watch about an hour of something a few times a week and more often than not the more interesting stuff to me is on AppleTv+. Asked my son just last night how often he uses Hulu or Netflix as I'm thinking of suspending those.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 26, 2023 12:53PM
This is disconcerting and I guess it has something to do with the writers strike and actors strike. More so in that it just gives them a leg to stand on for raising prices.

At tempted as I would be to cut out ATV+, Netflix or Hulu; that is the entertainment we watch these days. It's YouTube TV that is the most likely to be cut from our budget. We find ourselves watching basically nothing from the major networks these days.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 26, 2023 01:28PM
Whether the streaming services realize it or not, a tipping point is approaching.

People are waking up to the relentless upward spiral of cost associated with a la carte streaming services. It’s started with the spreading practice of self regulated ‘on MY demand’ subscribing and unsubscribing to services and viewers acclimating to a binge watching style of viewing.

I expect, as usual, they will push things to the very limit of squeezing out yet another quarter of rising profits — or the appearance of someone with a disruptive new spin on the business — before course correcting.

A priest, a rabbit and a minister walk into a bar.
The bartender asks the rabbit "what'll ya have?"
The rabbit says "I dunno. I'm only here because of Autocorrect.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 26, 2023 01:32PM
Hasn't Apple always been an industry leader when it comes to pricing any of it's products?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 26, 2023 02:22PM
I just cancelled Apple TV+.

It just felt like averse to a 60% increase only a year after a 40% increase.

I don't watch it much, so I just ripped the band-aid off.

Had they raised it $1, I would have stayed, $2, I'd think about leaving, this was an 'I'm outta here' moment.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 26, 2023 02:51PM
Netflix is gone.

HBO is gone,

Apple TV+ is on the chopping block.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 26, 2023 03:44PM
I've gotten a free month or two, paid for a month or two. But I only found "For All Mankind" to be of interest. I know many enjoyed "Ted Lasso" though I never watched. But beyond that, I just didn't see much content, period, good or bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2023 03:45PM by Acer.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 26, 2023 07:32PM
Acer
I've gotten a free month or two, paid for a month or two. But I only found "For All Mankind" to be of interest. I know many enjoyed "Ted Lasso" though I never watched. But beyond that, I just didn't see much content, period, good or bad.

We've liked Foundation, and we watched the first season of Silo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 494
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020