advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP: Richard Moll at 80 [ actor - 'Night Court' ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 27, 2023 06:04PM
....it just says peacefully at home.....

Richard Moll, Night Court’s Bull the Bailiff, Dead at 80

...Richard Moll, the towering 6-foot-8 actor best known for playing Bull the bailiff on NBC’s original ’80s iteration of Night Court, died Thursday. He was 80.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Moll died peacefully at his home in Big Bear Lake, California. A cause of death was not immediately known.

Moll portrayed the genteel giant Nostradamus “Bull” Shannon during all nine seasons of Night Court, which ran on NBC from 1984-92. As he told People magazine, the character was intended to have a hard edge, but “I think they saw something in me to make him a lot softer.”

Moll was also a prolific voice actor, notably playing Harvey Dent/Two-Face in both Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures.

Addition TV credits include guest appearances on Happy Days, Mork & Mindy, Highlander: The Series, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Babylon 5, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Baywatch, Married… with Children, 7th Heaven and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Moll is survived by his two children, Chloe and Mason Moll.......

.............RIP.............................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2023 06:06PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP: Richard Moll at 80 [ actor - 'Night Court' ].....
Posted by: timg
Date: October 27, 2023 07:09PM
He was great on Night Court!

80 is a decent age, but these days really is too young. Has he been active recently?

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 27, 2023 07:09PM
80. Holy smokes.

RIP, Bull.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 27, 2023 07:26PM
Certain actors create the role they are in, Moll did that with Bull.

RIP

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: davemchine
Date: October 27, 2023 07:32PM
Looks like 2018 was the last time he was active. [www.imdb.com]

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: rz
Date: October 27, 2023 07:57PM
Wow, I never would have guessed he was that old. RIP.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 27, 2023 09:24PM
6’8” is a good run. RIP.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Smote
Date: October 28, 2023 01:32AM
Actually for someone his size, 80 is pretty good. It puts more strain on the heart I imagine. Moving blood from your feet and getting it eventually throughout the system, and up 6'+ up to his brain has got to be much harder than someone 4'10. Andre the Giant springs to mind. Died of congestive heart failure at 46.

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 30, 2023 12:04AM
Smote
Actually for someone his size, 80 is pretty good. It puts more strain on the heart I imagine. Moving blood from your feet and getting it eventually throughout the system, and up 6'+ up to his brain has got to be much harder than someone 4'10. Andre the Giant springs to mind. Died of congestive heart failure at 46.

Don't say that to Mr Kareem-Adul Jabar!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Smote
Date: October 30, 2023 01:12AM
Rolando
Smote

Don't say that to Mr Kareem-Adul Jabar!

[magazine.medlineplus.gov]

[www.prevention.com]

afib and bypass.

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2023 01:15AM by Smote.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 278
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020