advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Less than 24 hours to "Scary Fast" Apple event. Roll call, party on the oldest thread, and predictions
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: October 29, 2023 10:54PM
In less than 24 hours Macrumors says what to expect [www.macrumors.com]

Oldest archived thread:
[forums.macresource.com]
Always fun to post in there from time to time to see where we have been and what has been announced.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2023 10:55PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Less than 24 hours to "Scary Fast" Apple event. Roll call, party on the oldest thread, and predictions
Posted by: gabester
Date: October 29, 2023 10:59PM
All the chips are now M3 variants, with as many as possible on all systems being the 8GB RAM standard package, across iMac, mini, Air, and Vision Pro, which will be unexpectedly released early tomorrow.

This economy of scale on 3nm process would give Apple a generational advantage in hardware for the next 2-3 years.

That's the dream.

The reality will be "scary fast" speed of the newly adopted USB-C port across much/most of the lineup including new iMacs (which have had that connector for some time now.)

I'm really hoping Apple kills any single-display-capable-only version of a MacBook "Pro"...

g=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2023 11:01PM by gabester.
Re: Less than 24 hours to "Scary Fast" Apple event. Roll call, party on the oldest thread, and predictions
Posted by: MikeF
Date: October 29, 2023 11:14PM
"Scary Fast" refers to your money disappearing.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 30, 2023 12:53AM
A ton of people will be unhappy.

Some will even say "ho-hum" ;)

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: October 30, 2023 12:59AM
jdc
A ton of people will be unhappy.

Some will even say "ho-hum" ;)

How about gnashing of teeth?

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: steve...
Date: October 30, 2023 01:18AM
Will need to multi-task. World Series, game 3 starts at 5 PM Pacific.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 30, 2023 06:24AM
potatoes

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 30, 2023 06:33AM
AAPL will go down.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 30, 2023 07:13AM
I will complain about something.

JoeM
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 30, 2023 10:45AM
No 27" or 32" iMac, and I and others will complain.

In reality, what I am looking for is an Apple-quality 32" consumer monitor. Whatever they are making now, frankly, sucks. I do NOT want a monitor running off an AppleTV to connect to my Mac! I want to directly attach.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 30, 2023 12:12PM
5 PM start time... Is this something like a What We Do in the Shadows live stream, or is it a wait until the market closes so the overnight rumination has time to dull the pain.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: October 30, 2023 12:53PM
14” and 16” MBP. 24” iMac. Maybe 32” iMac. All M3
Posted by: rz
Date: October 30, 2023 01:57PM
My prediction is that I will be uninterested in any of the items at the prices they'll be. Sure, I'd love a 14 or 16" MBP, but not for the price. The current 13" MBP shouldn't even be called a "Pro" model.
Posted by: jdc
Date: October 30, 2023 02:30PM
rz
My prediction is that I will be uninterested in any of the items at the prices they'll be. Sure, I'd love a 14 or 16" MBP, but not for the price. The current 13" MBP shouldn't even be called a "Pro" model.

Out of curiosity, what price would get you in? and what specs?

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 30, 2023 02:43PM
[en.wikipedia.org]

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: rz
Date: October 30, 2023 05:02PM
jdc
rz

Out of curiosity, what price would get you in? and what specs?

The 13” 8/256 should be 16/512. And I’d buy one at $999. The current 14” at 16/256, if they updated to M3, I’d pay $1,499. But it’ll take a couple of years to get a refurb at those prices.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 30, 2023 05:20PM
Filliam H. Muffman
5 PM start time... Is this something like a What We Do in the Shadows live stream, or is it a wait until the market closes so the overnight rumination has time to dull the pain.

Same time as the World Series, I know which one I'm not watching or buying.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 30, 2023 05:46PM
Wait, the World Series is this week?

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Date: October 30, 2023 07:03PM
M3, M3 Pro, M3 Max announced. Let's see what notebooks these will go into.

Posted by: Markintosh
Date: October 30, 2023 07:25PM
Yawn. All good for those that need it. Otherwise I find that I can get things done just fine on my M1 macBook.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 31, 2023 05:28PM
Markintosh
Yawn. All good for those that need it. Otherwise I find that I can get things done just fine on my M1 macBook.

I think Apple is regretting starting the move to custom silicon with such a great machine. I think a 16/1TB M1 MBA (plus a DisplayLink hub) would replace 99% of what I do. I know it was as functional in CPU speed as a top-of-the-line Intel MBP with 64GB RAM. And far quieter (no fans) and all-day battery life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 360
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020