advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adobe Acrobat: Hate the New Interface? You can go back!
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 01, 2023 03:56PM
I recently got automatically updated to a new user interface for Adobe Acrobat (apparently everyone did if applying the latest update), which was jarring and actually removed an important preference for me: opening all documents in their own window. I usually want to look at multiple PDF's at one time, so opening them all up in a tabbed window was annoying.

And for whatever reason, Adobe thought they'd just remove this preference from the new interface. Luckily, you can revert to the old interface to get this preference back, and it's the only way to do so, as noted by an Adobe employee in this post:
[community.adobe.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adobe Acrobat: Hate the New Interface? You can go back!
Posted by: gadje
Date: November 01, 2023 04:12PM
Thank You!
Re: Adobe Acrobat: Hate the New Interface? You can go back!
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: November 01, 2023 10:50PM
This happened to me a couple of months ago, and I switched back as soon as I found info about how to do it. Not only were some things missing, but others were just moved around for what seemed no functional purpose at all. If they want to provide an option for mobile users, sure, have at it — but why on Earth try to force an icon-only, un-movable, non-customizable interface onto those who use Acrobat daily for work?! I wish they would concentrate on eliminating bugs, or improving some of the clunky processes instead.

I just hope that they won't remove the option to return to the old UI.

From Bevi Chagnon, posted in the Adobe Community:

And you can voice your opinion to Adobe engineers & marketing here:
[acrobat.uservoice.com]...

Don't forget to vote at that webpage. It's our only way to let Adobe know what works, what doesn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020