advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bobby Knight is dead
Posted by: timg
Date: November 01, 2023 05:42PM
Just got an alert on my phone. Not sure how, when or why.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bobby Knight is dead
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 01, 2023 05:44PM
Wow..

He was a jerk, but a hell of a coach (who just couldn't adjust to the changing dynamics of players)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: DP
Date: November 01, 2023 06:00PM
You all usually write, “John Doe, RIP” when someone dies!

Something different.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 01, 2023 06:22PM
True, the only person who gets that special treatment is:

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still...
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 01, 2023 06:29PM

Tossing a chair in remembrance.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: btfc
Date: November 01, 2023 06:35PM
Ombligo
Wow..

He was a jerk, but a hell of a coach (who just couldn't adjust to the changing dynamics of players)

RollingEyesSmiley5

He was videotaped choking a player during practice, “jerk” doesn’t quite describe it…
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 01, 2023 07:00PM
LOL, the WaPo closed the comments section on his obit in less than a hour because Knight was getting hammered.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 01, 2023 07:36PM
btfc
Ombligo
Wow..

RollingEyesSmiley5

He was videotaped choking a player during practice, “jerk” doesn’t quite describe it…

A man/child given free reign by his university, one who was a tactical wizard but also an abusive bully.
Posted by: timg
Date: November 01, 2023 07:47PM
RgrF
btfc
Ombligo
Wow..

RollingEyesSmiley5

A man/child given free reign by his university, one who was a tactical wizard but also an abusive bully.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he cut his teeth in coaching at West Point...

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 01, 2023 07:49PM
His greatest legacy are his successful mentees like Coach K.
Posted by: rz
Date: November 01, 2023 08:14PM
I actually spoke to him on the phone once. My freshman year in college, I lived in a dorm. Each floor was broken into 4 groups of 12 rooms. The group next to mine was where pretty much all of our basketball team lived. We had a guy on our team who almost made the 1984 Olympic team (he was one of the last 2 to be cut).

Anyway, there was a payphone in the hallway near my room. One night, the phone was ringing, and I answered it. The voice on the other end asked for this player. I went to his room, but he wasn't there. I asked if he wanted to leave a message. He said, "Yeah, this is Coach Knight. Please have him call me." Of course, I told all of my friends that I had spoken to him.
Date: November 01, 2023 08:21PM

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 02, 2023 06:57AM
Hey, if death is inevitable, you should just lie back and enjoy it!
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 02, 2023 09:00AM
pRICE cUBE

I'm totally stealing that.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 02, 2023 09:10AM
……Knightey…….night…….????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 02, 2023 10:37PM
Bobby Knight's coaching summary: It's pretty interesting how much one can get away with if the team is winning.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 03, 2023 12:29AM
timg
RgrF
btfc
Ombligo
Wow..

RollingEyesSmiley5

I don't think it's a coincidence that he cut his teeth in coaching at West Point...

The West Point motto and dedication to service "Duty, Honor, Country" - and the ideals of the seven Army Values: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage, would seem to fly in the face of Knight's coaching lifetime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 249
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020