advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Macy's Day Parade (CBS and NBC)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2023 12:11PM
In person, it's wonderful. On TV? well...

Watch the Macy's Day Parade with your Friends (Season 5 Episode 8)

NBC broadcast begins at 8:30am/CBS @ 9am.
If you look carefully, you might actually see parts of the parade amongst the anchor chattering and (non-parade) entertainer appearances.

New and old balloons with characters only your grandkids know (new Pillsbury Doughboy, however)

What, no Matter Lauer nostalgia float?

Will there be any special guests and performers? Not actually in the parade

Cher will headline. The pop diva, 77, is releasing a 25th-anniversary edition of her Grammy-nominated album, “Believe,” and recently released her first new album in five years, “Christmas.”

Other performers will include Jon Batiste, Bell Biv DeVoe, Brandy, Chicago, En Vogue, ENHYPEN, David Foster and Katharine McPhee, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, Jessie James Decker, Ashley Park with the cast and Muppets of “Sesame Street,” Pentatonix, Paul Russell, Amanda Shaw and Alex Smith.

Josh Gad and Andrew Rannells of the new Broadway show “Gutenberg! The Musical!” will perform.

The cast of Broadway shows “& Juliet” “Back to the Future: The Musical,” “How To Dance in Ohio,” “Shucked,” and “Spamalot” will perform, as will the Radio City Rockettes.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Macy's Day Parade (CBS and NBC)
Posted by: Don C
Date: November 22, 2023 12:20PM
I just have never gotten interested in that event. Wife used to like it but her interest has waned so we might have it on, but won't be paying a lot of attention.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 22, 2023 12:45PM
When I was a kid living in CT, we'd go to one of my mom's college buddy's apt on 5th ave - around 10 floors high right on the parade route. Mom kept trying to convince me that it was something really special. I thought everyone did this...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 22, 2023 10:27PM
I remember when it was Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 23, 2023 11:26AM
[youtu.be]

Today's the Macy's Day parade
The night of the living dead is on its way
With a credit report for duty call
It's a lifetime guarantee
Stuffed in a coffin, ten percent more free
Red-light special at the mausoleum
Give me something that I need
Satisfaction guaranteed to you
What's the consolation prize?
Economy sized dreams of hope
When I was a kid I thought
I wanted all the things that I haven't got
Oh, but I learned the hardest way
Then I realized what it took
To tell the difference between thieves and crooks
Lesson learned to me and you
Satisfaction guaranteed
'Cause I'm thinking 'bout a brand new hope
The one I've never known
'Cause now I know it's all that I wanted
What's the consolation prize?
Economy-sized dreams of hope
Satisfaction guaranteed
'Cause I'm thinking 'bout a brand new hope
The one I've never known and where it goes
And I'm thinking 'bout the only road
The one I've never known and where it goes
And I'm thinking 'bout a brand new hope
The one I've never known
'Cause now I know it's all that I wanted

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2023 11:27AM by Rolando.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 23, 2023 01:54PM
No parade on TV is ever going to recreate what being at a parade is like. Macy's, Tournament of Roses, you've really got to be there - in the crowd - in the moment - to have an inkling of what it's really like. Pasadena on New Year's Day - it's always cold, it's always crowded, it's always a BIG event. Same in NYC on Thanksgiving Day. Lucky and thankful to have seen both up close and personal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020