advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"The blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds." November 9, 1970 Whale Explosion Incident
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 01, 2023 07:13AM
[www.youtube.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

On November 9, 1970,[2] a 45-foot-long (14 m) sperm whale washed ashore at Florence on the central Oregon Coast.[3][4] The weight of the carcass was estimated at 8 short tons (16,000 lb; 7,300 kg).[5] At the time, Oregon beaches were under the jurisdiction of the state's Highway Division, which, after consulting with the United States Navy, decided to remove the whale using dynamite – assuming that the resulting pieces would be small enough for scavenger animals to consume.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "The blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds." November 9, 1970 Whale Explosion Incident
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 01, 2023 08:12AM
Love it!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: "The blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds." November 9, 1970 Whale Explosion Incident
Posted by: lost in space
Date: December 01, 2023 11:24AM
Love that. Coulda been a WKRP news story alongside the turkey drop.

Posted by: GGD
Date: December 01, 2023 12:00PM
"As God as my witness, I didn't think blubber could fly"
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 01, 2023 12:43PM
I remember this story. It's amazing to me no one was seriously injured. eye popping smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 304
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020