advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Holiday gifts delivered early, what to do
Posted by: Mr645
Date: December 01, 2023 11:02AM
I ordered cookie trays for clients from a medium sized bakery. The order was a little over $21,000 for trays of cookies to be delivered between Dec 11th and the 21st. The website says "Baked products are carefully wrapped to stay fresh for up to 30 days".

Most were delivered yesterday, some getting delivered today.

I guess December 1st is ok, but over 1,000 trays were delivered yesterday, a little frustrating.

Biden/Putin 2024
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Holiday gifts delivered early, what to do
Posted by: August West
Date: December 01, 2023 11:41AM
In terms of business, I'd say it's fine. Even as a personal gift. Was mentioning to people (Business) today about "It's December 1st, holidays have arrived!

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: MikeF
Date: December 01, 2023 12:19PM
The ones delivered yesterday have probably all been eaten by now...

I know where I used to work that people would come from all over if there was free food.
Posted by: pqrst
Date: December 01, 2023 12:36PM
I think you will get some points for being the first gift of the season. And since thanksgiving was “early” the Friday cookies will be welcome I think.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 01, 2023 12:42PM
Yeah, you're good. It's just a few weeks before Christmas and Thanksgiving is past us.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 01, 2023 12:46PM
I didn't see any in the MRF break room, could you check on that order?
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 01, 2023 12:57PM
I'm in a similar situation, but on a much smaller scale. I ordered early to avoid the last minute scramble, but they arrived yesterday. I'm delivering them next week. As my wife reminded me, so many people take time off around the holidays, this way you'll be sure they get them before going away.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 01, 2023 01:47PM
GGD
I didn't see any in the MRF break room, could you check on that order?

did you check with that little doll wearing a turtleneck?

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: Mr645
Date: December 01, 2023 02:06PM
Thanks all. I'll consider the matter closed. I was not thinking the cookies were most likely eaten by now. I was worried if held until Christmas, the could be stale

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 01, 2023 02:37PM
….eat it….get yourself an egg….and beat it……..

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: d4
Date: December 01, 2023 03:18PM
When I worked in an office, we'd get 5-6 edible/drinkable gift baskets from vendors during the holidays. They were opened within minutes of arrival. We never waited until the actual holiday.

But the bakery delivering the cookies 10 days early is not ok, IMO. The bakery ignored your directions on a $21,000 order and delivered the orders on THEIR schedule. A schedule that was convenient for them. That's BS.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 01, 2023 03:24PM
I’m really impressed that a bakery could deliver 1000 of anything in one day!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: December 01, 2023 03:35PM
I'd at least follow up with the company to find out why they were delivered early. At least it puts the company on notice that you might not be happy about them ignoring your delivery time instructions.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: December 01, 2023 07:59PM
MikeF

I know where I used to work that people would come from all over if there was free food.

Back in my mortgage career days, I was big on giving boxes of See's candy for the holidays. I would get large boxes for groups of people, and smaller boxes for individuals. One holiday season when I went into one of our lenders, I brought in a three-pound box for the peeps in the loan processing bay, and individual one pound boxes for the execs, and head underwriter.

I dropped off the big box first, briefly exchanged pleasantries w/ the execs when I gave them their boxes, then had about a 15 minute meeting w/ the underwriter to go over the troublesome details of a pending loan, and to check up on how she was doing w/ her pregnancy, to/for which I thought her own box of See's would be helpful.....

So, well, in the ~22 minutes since I had put down the three pound box of See's, a bit before 11AM, it was decimated when I walked back thru the processing bay on the way out to my car. Unless people came out of the woodwork, the people the chocolates were meant for had about 10 pieces each, right before lunch. Two to three pieces is more than enough for me, once per day, and I'm a confirmed, card carrying chocoholic.

You're not kidding that people come from all over for free food!
==
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: December 01, 2023 09:01PM
Buzz
MikeF

Back in my mortgage career days, I was big on giving boxes of See's candy for the holidays. I would get large boxes for groups of people, and smaller boxes for individuals. One holiday season when I went into one of our lenders, I brought in a three-pound box for the peeps in the loan processing bay, and individual one pound boxes for the execs, and head underwriter.

I dropped off the big box first, briefly exchanged pleasantries w/ the execs when I gave them their boxes, then had about a 15 minute meeting w/ the underwriter to go over the troublesome details of a pending loan, and to check up on how she was doing w/ her pregnancy, to/for which I thought her own box of See's would be helpful.....

So, well, in the ~22 minutes since I had put down the three pound box of See's, a bit before 11AM, it was decimated when I walked back thru the processing bay on the way out to my car. Unless people came out of the woodwork, the people the chocolates were meant for had about 10 pieces each, right before lunch. Two to three pieces is more than enough for me, once per day, and I'm a confirmed, card carrying chocoholic.

You're not kidding that people come from all over for free food!
==

See’s candy is so worth it….just sayin’
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 442
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020