advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Well respected Mac transcription app, Whisper Transcription, free lifetime IAP til probably midnight
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: December 02, 2023 10:56AM
This developer and the app are well respected in the indie community

Lifetime would normally cost $35 but is a free in app purchase today (Saturday December 2nd) but will probably expire at midnight

MAS link: [apps.apple.com]

Developer's site: [goodsnooze.gumroad.com]

Remember to download from the MAS to get the free lifetime (not sure if downloading from the dev's site will give you the same deal)

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Well respected Mac transcription app, Whisper Transcription, free lifetime IAP til probably midnight
Posted by: Gareth
Date: December 02, 2023 11:21AM
Note that the free lifetime is an IN-APP PURCHASE for $0.00.

You need to open the app and make the in-app purchase.

I now realize the original post does say this, but wanted to point it out separately, because it would be very easy to click on the link, and download the app for free and think you're all set.
Re: Well respected Mac transcription app, Whisper Transcription, free lifetime IAP til probably midnight
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: December 02, 2023 11:22AM
Gareth
Note that the free lifetime is an IN-APP PURCHASE for $0.00.

You need to open the app and make the in-app purchase.

I now realize the original post does say this, but wanted to point it out separately, because it would be very easy to click on the link, and download the app for free and think you're all set.

Good point, thank you for clarifying this - and just when I thought I covered all the bases! :-)
Posted by: hal
Date: December 02, 2023 12:09PM
thanks guys - specifically, you haver to click on 'upgrade to pro' to get the lifetime free option.

I went and did it even though I don't have a need just yet - one day I'll be saying to myself, 'If only I had a quality transcription app, I could deal with this issue. Wait a minute....'
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 02, 2023 12:19PM
I’ve used Mac whisper, and it is a great app!

The only downside that I could see is that it is not great. I’m breaking text into sentences and paragraphs. But for pure word for word transcription, it is amazing.
Posted by: archipirata
Date: December 02, 2023 12:33PM
Nice! Thanks.

Athens, OH
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 02, 2023 12:45PM
Has anyone actually used this thing with success?
Posted by: jonny
Date: December 02, 2023 02:21PM
Great app, and the developer is very responsive.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: December 02, 2023 03:20PM
He's a well respected Mac about town doing transcription so conservatively.

(Note that this requires Mac OS 13 or later.)
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 02, 2023 03:48PM
Again has anyone here used this successfully?
Posted by: jonny
Date: December 02, 2023 04:12PM
chopper
Again has anyone here used this successfully?

Yes. Works quite well.
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 02, 2023 04:24PM
Ha ha. I'm laughing because even though I don't need it now, it's hard to beat free for something I might use in the future. So I went to download and install. No go. Requires OS 13 or newer. D'oh! I'm running...wait for it...

10.14.6. Oh well.
Posted by: August West
Date: December 02, 2023 06:03PM
Thank for the heads up!!

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: surfer33
Date: December 02, 2023 07:39PM
Thank you!
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: December 03, 2023 12:22AM
Transcription is now an OS capability, just saying…
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 246
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020