advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone know if Costco price matches Microcenter?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 03, 2023 09:17AM
Lots of MacBooks on sale if you are lucky enough to be near a Microcenter. [www.microcenter.com]

I am mighty tempted to see if I can get Costco to match and get Costco's 2nd year of warranty.

The M3 Pro 14" with M3 Pro chip and 18GB Ram that is usually $1999 is a tempting $1799.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2023 09:26AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone know if Costco price matches Microcenter?
Posted by: gadje
Date: December 03, 2023 10:18AM
I don't think Costco does any price match, I never heard of this.

what I know is that Best Buy and other retailers had a disclaimer that they do not price match warehouse clubs.
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 03, 2023 10:27AM
gadje
I don't think Costco does any price match, I never heard of this.

The only price matching I've ever asked them to do is to match themselves if the price drops within 30 days due to the monthly flyer, and I know that's their policy to honor it.

I've even wondered if they'll price match another Costco. I've seen price variations on some items in the $0.50-$1.00 range between stores local to me, it's not common but on stuff I buy often I know the prices.

And then there's gasoline, those variations are all over the place even day to day at the same store, I've never considered asking for a price match on that.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 03, 2023 10:45AM
I surmise that the only free reign the store manager has is to set prices of clearance items.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: D-Rod
Date: December 03, 2023 10:52AM
For members other than resellers, only purchases made within 30 days prior to a change in price and within applicable promotional item limits, are eligible for a price adjustment.
Costco does not price match with other sellers.
Costco does not price match Costco warehouse prices for Costco.com purchases. Costco.com prices take into account shipping and handling fees not applicable to warehouse purchases. Please view this information to learn more about the difference between online and warehouse prices.

Formerly known as Dennis R
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 03, 2023 11:14AM
I guess I should have said post purchase adjustment. I used it once but the lower price was Costco itself, not a competitor.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: GGD
Date: December 03, 2023 11:14AM
mrbigstuff
I surmise that the only free reign the store manager has is to set prices of clearance items.

I once negotiated a price with the manager but it was a rather unique situation. It was a portable air conditioner that was sold through Costco.com, but someone returned to the store unopened. Since the store didn't normally sell that item they had no place to put it so it was taking up floor space at the end of an aisle. It had been on sale online the week before and they first quoted me the current online price, but I pointed out the previous sale price and that I'd be doing them a favor by getting it out of their store and the manager dropped the price to $50 below what the previous sale price had been. Win-Win for both of us.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 03, 2023 02:03PM
When visiting a Microcenter it’s best to not bring any form of payment.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: December 03, 2023 03:05PM
Speedy
When visiting a Microcenter it’s best to not bring any form of payment.

thumbs up  thumbs up

I tried that about 20 years ago, but then they had a good spiff, something like an extra $100 off for getting a Microcenter CC, and I ended up walking out w/ an iBook (CTO spec) and a "free after rebate" inkjet printer. Gotta try no form of payment or identification next time.

cool smiley
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020