CFP Rankings out
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 03, 2023 11:42AM
Poll
22 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Who will be the CFP Champion?

[www.on3.com]

CFP Rankings. Was not expecting Florida State to be snubbed! I guess $EC rules...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. TEXAS!!!!!
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Georgia

The discerning reader may detect a bias by me.
Michigan and Alabama should be a great game, I will give it to Michigan.
I expect Texas to beat Washington by a good margin.

Even with my bias, I believe Michigan-Texas will be a tossup.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CFP Rankings out
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: December 03, 2023 12:09PM
If SEC ruled, Georgia would be in too. Alabama in simply means the best team in the nation got in (regardless of the rankings).
Posted by: hal
Date: December 03, 2023 01:08PM
I watched a rare NCAA game yesterday - Texas looked unstoppable against OK St.

It's really silly to try to ID the best teams out of 100s when they only play a handful of games. Sorry - some things are unknowable.
Date: December 03, 2023 01:24PM
I tend to agree with you. The NBA has a better system. But that’s only practical with basketball. Football is such a production that it’s impractical to have a series of games in each playoff round, so we’re stuck with what we got.
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 03, 2023 01:48PM
I think it should just be Michigan against Washington.

FSU was undefeated, but their strength of competition was clearly lower than any of the other top teams.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 03, 2023 01:52PM
FSU was shafted - they finished undefeated in a P5 conference, they defeated two non-ACC P5 teams, they won their conference, AND they did it using backup QB's. To be told they aren't good enough because they won with a 3rd string backup makes a mockery of the selection process. They should have been third and Texas fourth.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 03, 2023 02:04PM
Ombligo
FSU was shafted - they finished undefeated in a P5 conference, they defeated two non-ACC P5 teams, they won their conference, AND they did it using backup QB's. To be told they aren't good enough because they won with a 3rd string backup makes a mockery of the selection process. They should have been third and Texas fourth.

And leave out Alabama? Heresy.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: December 03, 2023 02:56PM
I say let the mascots fight it out.......

Dubs and Bevo probably wouldn't even fight each other, and Michigan doesn't have a mascot, so they'd have to use a real, wild wolverine, who would literally devour Big Al. After that, the wild wolverine would chow down down on Bevo, making him extremely unhappy. I suspect Bevo would concede after giving up a full meal to the ferocious Michigander. Upon seeing what the wolverine did to Bevo, Dubs would likely hightail it away, far away, from partaking in that battle; therefore Michigan will be the Nat'l Champ!

Wanna fight about it?
==
Posted by: AllGold
Date: December 03, 2023 03:45PM
Rolando
Michigan and Alabama should be a great game, I will give it to Michigan.

That would be reasonable assumption except for the fact that when Nick Saban has a month to prepare for a game, he is almost unbeatable.
Posted by: bfd
Date: December 03, 2023 03:59PM
No horses in this race …The undefeated teams should've all been in. Seminoles got jobbed.

AP got it right (for a change):

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 03, 2023 04:15PM
What is this for? College chess?
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 03, 2023 05:03PM
I vote to put FSU in, instead of Bama, but since they beat UGA, I would vote for just about anyone to take their place.
cry smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: December 03, 2023 07:47PM
It does seem unfair that Georgia with 1 loss was left out, they had the best loss by far of the 1 loss teams. Alabama and Texas had losses to lower ranked teams (in the case of Texas much lower).
Posted by: DP
Date: December 03, 2023 08:12PM

This.

Something different.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: Wags
Date: December 03, 2023 08:45PM
Go Ducks!

Wait…. What happened?
Date: December 04, 2023 02:03AM
It's interesting that, if Georgia had beaten Alabama, then FSU would've been in (it would had to have been, regardless of who the 4 best teams actually were):

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. Florida State

Alabama and Texas would've been on the outside looking in.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 04, 2023 07:08AM
Carnos Jax
It's interesting that, if Georgia had beaten Alabama, then FSU would've been in (it would had to have been, regardless of who the 4 best teams actually were):

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. Florida State

Alabama and Texas would've been on the outside looking in.

If only. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 04, 2023 12:43PM
I really hope that Michigan embarrasses Alabama, something like 40-0 and Washington does the same to Texas. Then UGA and FSU have a great game with everything you would hope for from a playoff game.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Date: December 04, 2023 09:29PM
You know, Florida State got hosed the moment the CFP committee decided to rank Texas above them in the final poll. If you're gonna make that argument and do that, then you HAVE to place Alabama above them as well. Florida State was doomed by Texas.

Basically you can blame Georgia and Texas for Florida State's situation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2023 09:45PM by Carnos Jax.
Date: December 05, 2023 10:30AM
Las Vegas is favoring Alabama over Michigan. I wonder if it’s time to bet on Michigan?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 446
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020