advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Update: LOL! Jets name Sack Wilson regains starting job once again
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 05, 2023 10:00PM
Backup Boyle has been cut from the team. Simian is possibly going to play or will Sack Wilson return? Rodgers us archer quarterbacking the team and frustrated that Wilson's concerns of getting hurt in the Jets meaningless remaining games.

Seriously LOL, Wilson thinks he will be on an NFL roster next year. The Jets did this to themselves. You CANNOT have Sack Wilson win your team, its tempting the football gods to find a way to make him the starter again and again.

[www.espn.com]

New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers didn't hold back. Not only was he upset by a published report that he believes unfairly paints teammate Zach Wilson as "a kid quitting on the team," but he blasted the organization for "chicken s---" leaks to the media.

"That's a problem with the organization," Rodgers said on "The Pat McAfee Show" on Tuesday. "We need to get to the bottom of whatever this is coming from and put a stop to it privately, because there's no place in a winning culture where -- and this isn't the only time. There's been a bunch of other leaks."

Rodgers was referring to a report by The Athletic, which quoted unidentified sources as saying Wilson -- benched two weeks ago -- is reluctant to play again because of a perceived injury risk. The reeling Jets (4-8), losers of five straight, are making another quarterback change this week, with coach Robert Saleh poised to announce a decision Wednesday.

Saleh was leaning toward Wilson on Monday, a source confirmed. The other quarterbacks are Trevor Siemian and Brett Rypien, who was signed Tuesday off the Seattle Seahawks' practice squad. Tim Boyle, who started the past two games, was abruptly waived Tuesday.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2023 05:20PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NY Jets drama, Rodgers criticizes Jets over Sack Wilson leaked comments
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 05, 2023 11:20PM
I wouldn't want to play QB for the jets either.

Posted by: vision63
Date: December 05, 2023 11:42PM
Jets aren't going to win no matter who suits up to be their QB. They're clearly under some kind of curse.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 06, 2023 06:47AM
The Jets should just take the plunge and sign johnny Manzell.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Date: December 06, 2023 08:55AM
I don't particularly have anything against the Jets. I knew that drafting Zach Wilson was going to be a huge and painful mistake for them. I watched him play for 3 years at BYU and he never could beat Utah. He was always so arrogant, especially the C19 year where BYU played many schools I never heard of. Jets got fooled by that.

The Jets took too long to move on from him but left him on the team last year at QB 3. I recall telling a friend. that leaving him on the roster is the Jets tempting to football gods. Lowe and behold, White got hurt and whoever QB 2 was had a concussion or something. Wilson was back and he was still awful. I seem to recall he got benched again near the end in favor of White.

Then they signed Rodgers and made Wilson QB 2. I said to the same friend that tempting the football gods with Wilson as backup is a really bad idea. Lowe and behold, Rodgers goes down on the 4th play and the Wilson roller coater rides again. They won a few games based on the defense and him playing awful for 3.9 quarters and pulling something out of his backside in the final minutes. It was not a recipe for making the playoffs. For some reason they did not add additional QBs. Football gods haven't seem to have gotten through the Jets thick skulls.

My prediction for the rest of the season is Wilson will be back as Jets starting QB because the football gods love messing with the Jets for keeping him on the team. If HOF player Rodgers could not fix him, no one can.

Wilson talked to a teammate about preserving himself for his next team. Anyone that puts him in their depth chart will also tempt the football gods. Wilson just doesn't have and will never have the skill set to be a NFL QB. At least with Manziel, the Browns could score TDs.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: chopper
Date: December 06, 2023 09:37AM
Marquez on a Ducati! Yeah!
Re: Update: LOL! Jets name Sack Wilson regains starting job once again
Date: December 06, 2023 05:25PM
Wow, Sack Wilson regains the starting job...again. He is the cat with 9 awful quarterbacking lives. Have him on your bench and he will work his was back to stinking it up. Watch, he will do reasonably well and the Jets will keep him for next year and the Jets will go through this all over again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 363
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020