advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone know where I might be able to get a couple of silver gelatin prints uncurled and mounted?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 07, 2023 12:04AM
I have a couple of wide format silver gelatin prints that were stored rolled that now maintain that shape without effort. I'd like them to lie flat without any assistance so they might be matted and framed.

Does anyone know any place that might be suitable for the task? I know its awfully specific.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone know where I might be able to get a couple of silver gelatin prints uncurled and mounted?
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: December 07, 2023 08:17AM
You might want to talk to someone at a dedicated camera store in your area. One that sells camera equipment. Like Bergen County Camera in my neck of the woods. [bergencountycamera.com]

OR a stand alone art gallery that frames stuff as well as sell art. NOT Michaels or Joann's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2023 08:18AM by Lizabeth.
Re: Anyone know where I might be able to get a couple of silver gelatin prints uncurled and mounted?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 07, 2023 08:24AM
you'll have to call around to find a mounting press. a good frame shop probably has one. if it's huge, they may have to do it in sections.

I would just buy a really long tray to hold water and soak it for a bunch of hours. if it's rolled up, a bucket may work. super clean, of course.

Hurts like a bastid...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 141
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020