AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP Ryan O'neal
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 08, 2023 04:36PM
Love Story
Paper Moon
What's up, Doc?

That is just a sampling of his portfolio.

He was 82.

RIP Preppy

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP Ryan O'neal
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 08, 2023 04:38PM
sad smiley
I didn’t realize he was 82

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 08, 2023 04:50PM
rgG
sad smiley
I didn’t realize he was 82

I thought he was much older.

R.I.P.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 08, 2023 05:58PM
"The Main Event" was my favorite of his.
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 09, 2023 08:52AM
What's Up Doc? on regular UHF Movie of the Week rotation when I was a kid is how I remember him, though I remember a young Babs more clearly.
Posted by: Smote
Date: December 09, 2023 08:59PM
Bones' dad. Played the character well.

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020