advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Cos play?!....McDonald's opening their spin-off restaurant 'CosMc's' this week [ menu items listed ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 09, 2023 01:31PM
.....only in test locations....10 locations....first in Bolingbrook, Illinois.....and the rest in Texas....

McDonald's to open first CosMc's spinoff restaurant this week

....McDonald's will open the first location of its new spinoff brand CosMc's this week in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

The fast-food giant plans to open 10 CosMc's locations, including nine restaurants in Texas, by the end of 2024 in a test. McDonald's will then spend a year analyzing data to decide whether it will expand the small-format chain.

The name for the new brand comes from CosMc, a McDonaldland mascot that appeared in advertisements in the late 1980s and early 1990s. CosMc is an alien from outer space who craves McDonald's food. The company has leaned more into marketing its mascots after seeing success with the Grimace Birthday Meal earlier this year.

The burger chain first revealed it was creating CosMc's as a spinoff in July, but withheld more details about its plans. Photos of the Bolingbrook location surfaced on X, formerly known as Twitter, earlier this week.

With a menu that includes old favorites such as Egg McMuffins and M&M McFlurries, and new items such as Churro Frappes and pretzel bites, McDonald's is positioning CosMc's as a fast, convenient way to grab a pick-me-up snack or coffee.

"When 3 p.m. hits, and you need a boost, take a trip to CosMc's," a narrator said in a video shown to investors Wednesday.

McDonald's specifically set out to create a brand that could sell customizable drinks and coffee popular in the afternoon segment.

"This is a $100 billion category growing faster than the rest of the [informal eating-out segment] and with superior margins," McDonald's CEO Chris Kempczinski told investors.

CosMc's restaurants will have a smaller real-estate footprint than a typical McDonald's location, but the new locations are testing a range of layouts, including multiple drive-thru lanes. Customers using credit cards will also be able to pay at the drive-thru speaker, speeding up service times.

The announcement was part of the company's investor day. Executives unveiled long-term targets for its new restaurant development, plans to recruit 100 million new loyalty program members and a strategic partnership with Google.

But Kempczinski emphasized that investors shouldn't get too excited yet about CosMc's.

"Let me emphasize again, we're talking about 10 stores," he told investors on Wednesday. "The big story isn't about CosMc's, per se. The big story is what it says about McDonald's and our potential. To think, a little over a year ago, this was an idea, and this week we're opening the first test site."

But if the test works out, CosMc's could open across the globe.

"It's not worth our time to develop an idea that will only work in one market," Kempczinski said when explaining why McDonald's created the brand.

Still, McDonald's past efforts to expand beyond its primary business haven't been successful. In the late 1990s, it bought Donatos Pizza and Boston Market, and a stake in a fledgling Chipotle Mexican Grill. Less than a decade later, it had divested from all three, which had become distractions as McDonald's struggled. .....

........spin-off........................?!

....menu items:

beverages:
Sour Cherry Energy Slush
Tropical Spiceade
S’mores Cold Brew.
Patrons can customize their drinks by adding fruity boba, flavor syrups, energy shots and more

food:
Spicy Queso Sandwich
Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Sandwich

On the savory side, CosMc’s offers Savory Hash Brown Bites and Pretzel Bites, and on the sweet side, it’s got a Blueberry Lemon Cookie Sundae, Caramel Fudge Brownie and more.

.......link to the spin-offs.....website........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2023 02:20PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CosMc rays?!....McDonald's opening their spin-off restaurant 'CosMc's' this week [ menu items listed ].....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 09, 2023 01:37PM
For mass volume, it all depends on the prices nowadays.
Re: CosMc rays?!....McDonald's opening their spin-off restaurant 'CosMc's' this week [ menu items listed ].....
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: December 09, 2023 01:41PM
Just some observations; I always liked McDonald's Mocha Frappé more than Starbucks. (FWIW, I haven't been to Starbucks on purpose in probably 10+ years, and haven't had a McD's Frappé since before the pandemic.)

(might as well be) $4 for an Egg McMuffin? I was about to say "if they have all-day breakfast, that'd be something to bring me in" but then I saw the pricing.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 09, 2023 01:45PM
What I found interesting is there is not a single burger but there are breakfast sandwiches. McDonald’s used to have a limited all-day breakfast selection that went away with the pandemic, IIRC. This brings that back which I like.

Ps. They also finally, finally, finally offer a sugar-free, caffeine-free carbonated drink.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2023 01:47PM by Speedy.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: December 09, 2023 01:49PM
Why are all the beverages exploding?
Re: Cos play?!....McDonald's opening their spin-off restaurant 'CosMc's' this week [ menu items listed ].....
Posted by: jonny
Date: December 09, 2023 04:52PM
Texas...

Interesting.
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 09, 2023 05:45PM
tronnei

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 10, 2023 12:15AM
tronnei

It's a warning so you know what to expect and to not sue them.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Re: Cos play?!....McDonald's opening their spin-off restaurant 'CosMc's' this week [ menu items listed ].....
Posted by: BernDog
Date: December 10, 2023 07:01AM
They’d better tread lightly with that energy burst crap. Even if whatever and how much of it they’re including is relatively safe, I think this Panera thing is going to put a PR damper on the entire market for energy drinks from fast food. I’m really surprised Panera’s still selling theirs. My healthy teenage daughter had one yesterday and got sick. Of course, teenagers gonna teenage. Not sure why Panera is still selling them, but I can’t see how that can possibly be the right strategy from a PR standpoint, let alone legal. I think there’s going to be a major pullback from any companies selling anything similar.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 10, 2023 11:20AM
Speedy
What I found interesting is there is not a single burger but there are breakfast sandwiches. McDonald’s used to have a limited all-day breakfast selection that went away with the pandemic, IIRC.

Honestly the breakfast at McDs is the best thing they have, in my opinion.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 11, 2023 03:59AM
Rolando
Speedy
What I found interesting is there is not a single burger but there are breakfast sandwiches. McDonald’s used to have a limited all-day breakfast selection that went away with the pandemic, IIRC.

Honestly the breakfast at McDs is the best thing they have, in my opinion.

Breakfast is the only thing I get at McDonald’s. Ok, on a couple of occasions I’ve gotten a sundae (buy one, get the second free).

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: December 11, 2023 12:51PM
seems like the love child of mcdonalds, starbucks, and sonic.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020