advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Here’s What Happened When a City in Alaska Took Fluoride Out of Its Drinking Water...
Posted by: jonny
Date: January 04, 2024 08:18PM
Calling Alex Jones!!!

[theheartysoul.com]

"After officials in Grand Rapids, Michigan, began adding small amounts of fluoride to the city’s water in 1945, the number of tooth cavities dropped by an astonishing sixty percent [1]. Since then, water fluoridation has become a standard practice all across the country. Despite the evidence that fluoride prevents tooth decay, many arguments against its benefits have surfaced over the years [2], and have prompted some communities to stop adding the mineral to their water...."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Here’s What Happened When a City in Alaska Took Fluoride Out of Its Drinking Water...
Posted by: Smote
Date: January 04, 2024 08:34PM
If you saw the teeth of people who grew up drinking well water, you would understand that flouride in your tap water is a good thing.

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Re: Here’s What Happened When a City in Alaska Took Fluoride Out of Its Drinking Water...
Posted by: tronnei
Date: January 04, 2024 09:07PM
[youtu.be]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 04, 2024 09:58PM
It’s a Commie plot.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 04, 2024 10:47PM
no fluoride in bottled water, which a lot of folks drink exclusively where water is bad (which is surprisingly many places in the US).

Hurts like a bastid...
Date: January 04, 2024 10:48PM
My brother's kids grew up in Milan.
He gave them fluoride tablets.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: January 04, 2024 11:21PM
FWIW, the vast majority of countries, including the EU, do not artificially fluoridate water.

This is not some cut and dried issue.
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 04, 2024 11:39PM
I heard somewhere from a dentist adjacent source - and this could be totally wrong but I trust this person - that the fluoride in toothpaste alone was sufficient to provide the same effect as fluoridated water.

This Alaskan study suggests that either these kids don't brush their teeth or at least don't use "normal" flouride toothpaste?

g=
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: January 05, 2024 12:33AM
gabester
I heard somewhere from a dentist adjacent source - and this could be totally wrong but I trust this person - that the fluoride in toothpaste alone was sufficient to provide the same effect as fluoridated water...

The American Dental Association (ADA) supports community water fluoridation as the single most effective public health measure to prevent tooth decay. Studies prove water fluoridation continues to be effective in reducing dental decay by at least 25% in children and adults, even in the of era widespread availability of fluoride from other sources, such as fluoride toothpaste.

The ADA, the American Medical Association, the World Health Organization and many others support fluoridation of community water supplies. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has cited community water fluoridation as one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century (along with vaccinations, infectious disease control and motor vehicle safety).

[www.ada.org]

Given the widespread use of fluoride toothpaste today, is fluoridated water still necessary? Yes! How do we know? Consider the solid evidence from research that has been conducted since fluoride toothpaste became widely used...

[ilikemyteeth.org]

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 05, 2024 07:36AM
Tiangou
gabester
I heard somewhere from a dentist adjacent source - and this could be totally wrong but I trust this person - that the fluoride in toothpaste alone was sufficient to provide the same effect as fluoridated water...

The American Dental Association (ADA) supports community water fluoridation as the single most effective public health measure to prevent tooth decay. Studies prove water fluoridation continues to be effective in reducing dental decay by at least 25% in children and adults, even in the of era widespread availability of fluoride from other sources, such as fluoride toothpaste.

The ADA, the American Medical Association, the World Health Organization and many others support fluoridation of community water supplies. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has cited community water fluoridation as one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century (along with vaccinations, infectious disease control and motor vehicle safety).

[www.ada.org]

Given the widespread use of fluoride toothpaste today, is fluoridated water still necessary? Yes! How do we know? Consider the solid evidence from research that has been conducted since fluoride toothpaste became widely used...

[ilikemyteeth.org]

How do we know that people are brushing their teeth or brushing properly?
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 05, 2024 08:42AM
Our city water is not fluoridated. Dentist prescribed our kids fluoride tablets which they took until their teens when brushing habits had been solidified. There's not more than a couple cavities among the four of our kids. The extra limbs and third eyeball do come in handy.
Date: January 05, 2024 09:36AM
macphanatic
Tiangou
gabester

[www.ada.org]

[ilikemyteeth.org]

If nobody's brushing properly then expert opinion favors the use of fluoridated water to reduce cavities.

If some people are brushing properly then expert opinion favors supplementing that with fluoridated water to reduce cavities.

If everyone's brushing properly then expert opinion favors supplementing that with fluoridated water to reduce cavities.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 05, 2024 09:37AM
freeradical
FWIW, the vast majority of countries, including the EU, do not artificially fluoridate water.

Must be why their teeth are so bad.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: dk62
Date: January 05, 2024 10:01AM
Speedy
freeradical

Must be why their teeth are so bad.

Many reasons, but one of the main ones for "worse" teeth is that fewer Europeans got convinced by orthodontists that childhood cosmetic dentistry is necessary for happy life.

Lower levels of fluoridation are somewhat offset by much lower soda consumption.
Date: January 05, 2024 10:38AM
Tiangou
macphanatic
Tiangou
gabester

[www.ada.org]

[ilikemyteeth.org]

If nobody's brushing properly then expert opinion favors the use of fluoridated water to reduce cavities.

If some people are brushing properly then expert opinion favors supplementing that with fluoridated water to reduce cavities.

If everyone's brushing properly then expert opinion favors supplementing that with fluoridated water to reduce cavities.

Are they drinking tap water? What about the filters that remove it?

A lot of people in my geographic area drink bottled or filtered water as the public water is hard and doesn't taste great.
Posted by: dk62
Date: January 05, 2024 10:43AM
macphanatic

A lot of people in my geographic area drink bottled or filtered water as the public water is hard and doesn't taste great.

While I mainly drink filtered or bottled water, most of my fluid intake is coffee and tea, which I make with plain tap water. I assume a lot of people do the same. Boling does not remove fluoride from the water.
Date: January 05, 2024 10:56AM
macphanatic
Tiangou
macphanatic
Tiangou
gabester

[www.ada.org]

[ilikemyteeth.org]

Some filters remove fluoride. Some don't.

Do what you gotta do.

(Oops! Wrote "fluorine" initially. Sorry. Meant FLUORIDE.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2024 11:34AM by Tiangou.
Date: January 05, 2024 11:32AM
Tiangou
macphanatic
Tiangou
macphanatic
Tiangou
gabester

[www.ada.org]

[ilikemyteeth.org]

Some filters remove fluorine. Some don't.

Do what you gotta do.

I don't care either way. I'm curious.

All the water we drink and most of what we cook with comes from a filter.
Date: January 05, 2024 11:34AM
macphanatic
Tiangou
macphanatic
Tiangou
macphanatic
Tiangou
gabester

[www.ada.org]

[ilikemyteeth.org]

Some filters remove fluorine. Some don't.

Do what you gotta do.

I don't care either way. I'm curious.

All the water we drink and most of what we cook with comes from a filter.

You're going to have to look up the spec's on your filter to determine whether it filters fluoride.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 05, 2024 12:41PM
Date: January 05, 2024 12:52PM
Posted by: kj
Date: January 06, 2024 06:04PM
I had a dentist who told me fluoride was nothing but an industrial waste product they put in water to get rid of it. He was a cool guy, but very kookie. If it has physical side effects what are they? I've never heard anyone say. I believe it helps teeth, so I'd hate to see it go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 167
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020