advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
No waiting to the last minute for me
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: January 06, 2024 03:31PM
I pulled the snowblower out of the shed in the backyard this morning, snow not hitting until
late tonight.
Since it was only used twice last winter, I thought it would be hard to start.
I pushed it all the way up to the front yard by the garage so I could use the electric start feature. Thought I'd use the pull start once or twice to get the fuel going then plug it in before I hurt my shoulder.
Fuel on, check, choke, check, throttle to run, check, engine switch on, check, hit prime button, prime, prime, prime, check. Pull cord, Fires up first pull.

Ok snow, I'm ready.

Expecting 8-12 inches tonight, my guess is 5-6 for me.
Greenfield is the lowest elevation in the Pioneer Valley, along the Connecticut River and Rt 91. Snow fall is comically higher all around us.
We will see what we get.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: No waiting to the last minute for me
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 06, 2024 03:45PM
First pull, nice! What engine?
Posted by: Numo
Date: January 06, 2024 04:09PM
I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll even need to use my blower this year. So far, all time warmest winter in Minnesota.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 06, 2024 04:18PM
Snow blower leader!

Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 06, 2024 04:19PM
Numo
I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll even need to use my blower this year. So far, all time warmest winter in Minnesota.

Same in Michigan (although it's snowing lightly now). It will probably be a weird year all around. We'll probably get a ton of snow in March and/or April... or May.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: January 06, 2024 04:39PM
Replaced my gas blower with a battery model. No more gas, oil, spark plugs, and wondering if the damn thing will start when I need it to.

But no need to use it yet this season.
Posted by: wurm
Date: January 06, 2024 04:44PM
We're right on the snow/slush/rain line for this storm. My daughter bought me a SnoJoe electric shovel for Christmas, for those times when it's not worth pulling out the two-stage thrower. I thanked her but told her I hope I never have to figure out how well it works.

Unfortunately, we're due for some heavy winds, too. I'd almost prefer to have to pull out the snowthrower than the generator. Fingers are crossed.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 06, 2024 05:07PM
After a relatively dry and warm winter, it is dumping snow today. So far about 10 inches has fallen and it is super light and dry.

I took out the Honda snowblower for the last storm of about two inches. I did a test start the day before that storm. It took 10 seconds of cranking but it did fire up. Usually I have to empty the float bowl first. I guess it's because we used our snowblower all of the way into June last year.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: January 06, 2024 06:34PM
wurm
We're right on the snow/slush/rain line for this storm. My daughter bought me a SnoJoe electric shovel for Christmas, for those times when it's not worth pulling out the two-stage thrower. I thanked her but told her I hope I never have to figure out how well it works.

Unfortunately, we're due for some heavy winds, too. I'd almost prefer to have to pull out the snowthrower than the generator. Fingers are crossed.
After the rain/wind storm in mid December, I’m afraid of the wind myself. I can handle the plowing if we get enough snow. But our new solar battery was just installed, so hasn’t been inspected yet, and we can’t use it… we have a gas generator but I need internet and phone to work on Monday so I can work. I’m cautiously looking forward to a fun snowy day tomorrow, but am gunshy,
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: January 06, 2024 06:47PM
AllGold
First pull, nice! What engine?

It's an Arien's has enough power to throw deep snow into my neighbor's yard. My old undersized one I gave away a few years ago would look at a snow bank and say, You expect me to move that?
ironically, snow amounts for me have dwindled ever since buying it.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 06, 2024 10:19PM
tronnei
Replaced my gas blower with a battery model. No more gas, oil, spark plugs, and wondering if the damn thing will start when I need it to.

But no need to use it yet this season.

My Diesel blower has its own garage stall. With a block heater (as well as a hydro heater) I never worry about it starting although I do keep a battery maintainer on the Optima. No snow, though, where we are wintering-over in south Texas.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Spock
Date: January 07, 2024 09:10AM
Ha, Florida. You don't have to shovel rain. wink smiley

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: January 07, 2024 11:38AM
Go fill up the gas can and buy a quart of oil. Make sure you have extra shear pins. Make sure your partner's cell phone is fully charged and working. You will need it when the snowblower turns on you and tries to eat you.

NOW you are ready.eye rolling smiley

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 213
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020