advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone with Ender 3 printer here?
Posted by: gadje
Date: January 06, 2024 03:37PM
I have an Ender 3 "Pro" that I have not used in about a year. I try to get it working again and I noticed the Capricorn Bowden tube comes out of this pneumatic coupler.

yes, I know there are some blue plastic clips and I do insert those properly.

It almost looks to me like the Capricorn tube shrank slightly in diameter, or these couplers are perhaps worn out, but the tube feels so loose that I feel like I am missing something. It just doesn't make senses.

The coupler by the extruder is very looses, I am about to check the couple by the nozzle which I believe is identical.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone with Ender 3 printer here?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 06, 2024 05:32PM
Even though I'm an old geezer now, still working w/ a Beginner printer here....

but those parts sure look cool.

cool smiley
==
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 06, 2024 06:36PM
Great opportunity to convert to a direct drive
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: January 06, 2024 06:37PM
You probably just need to trim the end of the tube to make it fit cleanly. The tube can shift a little bit even with the teeth of the fitting grabbing it and over time that will make grooves that allow the tube to slip.

Cut a half inch off of end of the tube carefully with a razor, making sure that the cut is as clean and perpendicular as possible.

When inserting the tube again, press the little button at the end of the fitting down and press the tube into the hole in the fitting hard enough to ensure that it's seated as far back into the fitting as possible.

Then, push the little blue collet (collar/clip) in below the button to prop it in the position where the tube is gripped securely.

Posted by: gadje
Date: January 06, 2024 06:41PM
No, I took everything apart and the one by the nozzle has some "teeth" that bite into the tube and prevent the tube from coming out (unless you push on the connector). It appears I forced the extruder at some point and I broke those teeth on the other end, right by the extruder.

So now I placed a new order, should be here on Monday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020