advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
NFL week 18 Talk (spoilers)
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 07, 2024 07:02PM
Some teams played themselves in and some sunk themselves today.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NFL week 18 Talk (spoilers)
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 07, 2024 09:02PM
Cowboys take the NFC East. We will see what they do with it.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 07, 2024 09:25PM
Bills & Fins are having a good game. If Buffalo wins, they get a rematch at home!*
*CORRECTION: They will be hosting Pittsburg. That should be a good game!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2024 10:48PM by Rolando.
Posted by: Don C
Date: January 07, 2024 09:48PM
Pack did what they needed to do, but beating the Bears is just something they DO.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 07, 2024 10:30PM
Bill may have coached his last Pats game. Played in the snow, it was a snoozer even player families would have trouble watching. Fox announcers spent most of their air time eulogizing BB.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 08, 2024 06:58AM
He’s coming home! Lions play Matt and the Rams in the first playoff game.

I think there’s reason to question this season's officiating after the badly blown call that cost the Lions the game with Dallas. I know, pRICE, but even Cowboy’s fans said the Lions got screwed!

Has any game ever been overturned due to an obvious ref mistake? In other words, has the NFL ever said, “yeah, the refs blew a call, so we’re overturning the call and giving the win the team that lost”?

And it was an obvious missed pass interference call early in the Buffalo/Miami game; I mean it was really obvious and even the commentators were asking how that was missed...

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 08, 2024 07:58AM
DP
Has any game ever been overturned due to an obvious ref mistake? In other words, has the NFL ever said, “yeah, the refs blew a call, so we’re overturning the call and giving the win the team that lost”?

Nope, and I don't see how it could happen anyway. For that to even be considered, it would have to be the last play of the game with no time on the clock. A score would have to be made and ruled against. Anything else would alter the way the other team would have played. Penalties get badly called throughout the game, any one of those could have game-changing implications.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2024 07:59AM by Ombligo.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 08, 2024 08:03AM
Eagles visit the Bucs. I'm not sure what to expect from that game. Eagles should roll the Bucs but for the last month, Philly is lucky if they can find the stadium let alone the endzone. Bucs have been woeful for a good share of the season and are only in the playoffs because the AFC South is just terrible. Still, they have been on a roll recently (other than the Saints game).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 08, 2024 09:23AM
Ref calls only matter in games whether neither team is able to take charge.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 08, 2024 05:51PM
Nope, and I don't see how it could happen anyway. For that to even be considered, it would have to be the last play of the game with no time on the clock. A score would have to be made and ruled against. Anything else would alter the way the other team would have played. Penalties get badly called throughout the game, any one of those could have game-changing implications.

Well, what about integrity? Doing the right thing? When a really obvious bad mistake is made?

OK, cue the gut-busting laughter now...

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 08, 2024 06:02PM
DP

Well, what about integrity? Doing the right thing? When a really obvious bad mistake is made?

OK, cue the gut-busting laughter now...

Our teams will face off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020