Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 08, 2024 06:44PM
Muck Fichigan!

(I am a hater.)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Huskies v Wolverines: it's on
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 08, 2024 06:54PM
I like UM but detest Harbaugh. So I'm hoping the Huskies pull it out and chase him to the pros.

It's early in the game, but isn't looking good.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Date: January 08, 2024 07:08PM
I don't hate all of the University of Michigan, only football and men's basketball because of the incredible obnoxiousness and arrogance of Michigan fans. I also really dislike Harbaugh and think he is a total nutball.

I live and work in Michigan State territory so I almost have to be an MSU fan, but I'm also kind of a fan of Michigan's lesser sports, particularly women's basketball and gymnastics.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 08, 2024 07:16PM
Michigan running hard on UW Mutts (maybe they should've snuck in a few Mutts from Gonzaga). Looks like #2 is a distant #2 right now. Hope it's not a beatdown. Bad way for the "Conference of Champions" to go out…
Date: January 08, 2024 07:21PM
Yeah, the Washington defense looks totally lost. On that second touchdown, the hole was so big I almost could have scored.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 08, 2024 07:37PM
Besides my seething hatred of Harbaugh, I have another reason to dislike UoM: My college solar car team @ Cal Poly Pomona consistently placed second or third to their first place finishes in competition.

But I absolutely loathe Harbaugh. Go Huskies!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 08, 2024 08:03PM
Ok. Huskies still alive.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 08, 2024 08:14PM
Lemon Drop
Ok. Huskies still alive.

I got a few dollars on 'em.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 08, 2024 09:49PM
Tough luck, mutts… maybe you'll get a chance to beat Michigan next season in conference. Wasn't happening once you left the "Conference of Champions".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2024 09:50PM by bfd.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 08, 2024 10:04PM
smiley-music039
Date: January 08, 2024 10:07PM
Oh Well.
Date: January 08, 2024 10:08PM
DeusxMac
smiley-music039

You've earned a fretless bass.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 08, 2024 10:14PM
My heart was w/ Michigan, due to generations' deep family ties, but my mind was w/ the Huskies to win one last one for the Pac (8/10/12).

I guess we'll see Harbaugh here in L.A. next season after the Chargers throw a couple of Brinks trucks at him.
Still, and always, a 49er faithful.
==
Posted by: timg
Date: January 08, 2024 10:21PM
Stick a fork in those huskies.

Us UM Alums can finally celebrate - took him 9 years, but he finally won a national championship.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 08, 2024 10:23PM
Congrats to Michigan. Played a great game on the field.

Congrats to Washington. Great season, and feel free to claim that Championship if Harbaugh's antics get Michigan striped!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 08, 2024 10:37PM
Rolando
Congrats to Michigan. Played a great game on the field.

Congrats to Washington. Great season, and feel free to claim that Championship if Harbaugh's antics get Michigan striped!

Michigan's helmets are already striped (sorta).... the c'hip might/would get stripped....
but Harbaugh's off to L.A., so he won't care either way; he proved what he could do..... next!
==
Date: January 08, 2024 10:56PM
timg
Stick a fork in those huskies.

Us UM Alums can finally celebrate - took him 9 years, but he finally won a national championship.

And he didn't get any less nutty over those 9 years. "There's a story in each one of those pieces of confetti." nuts smiley
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 09, 2024 12:06AM
Interesting that they win in all in a year where the program was embroiled in a cheating scandal.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: zachdog
Date: January 09, 2024 08:12AM
pRICE cUBE
Interesting that they win in all in a year where the program was embroiled in a cheating scandal.

This. Harbaugh is a weird nutjob. He’ll forever have an asterisk next to his name and “national champion.”
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 09, 2024 08:32AM
Congrats Michigan.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 09, 2024 02:54PM
zachdog
pRICE cUBE

This. Harbaugh is a weird nutjob. He’ll forever have an asterisk next to his name and “national champion.”

If it was Michigan vs. Everybody, Michigan won, and it's letting the world know it: 'There ain't no asterisk’

“We’re legends,” said McGregor, a senior edge rusher. “Everybody said we couldn’t do it. Coach [Jim] Harbaugh got suspended. ‘Oh, we’re going to put an asterisk if they win the national championship!’

“We go out here and did it. Nobody can say anything now. We proved the doubters wrong all year. Kept going. We put our heads down and kept grinding. Didn’t care what the press said and ESPN and all that. Look where we are: Natty champs.”

The natty, the 12th in the school’s history, is heading back to Ann Arbor. But with it is something more: the proof, players and coaches say, that a sign-stealing scheme that rocked college football this season was not the reason in which this team wins games.

Since the sign-stealer — Connor Stalions — was exposed and resigned from the staff, Michigan went 8-0. The Wolverines beat their in-state rival, Michigan State, by 49 points, quite literally ran over No. 9 Penn State in Happy Valley (without their head coach), beat No. 2 Ohio State (without their head coach), clobbered No. 18 Iowa, won a Rose Bowl semifinal over No. 4 Alabama and trounced the second-ranked Huskies.

[sports.yahoo.com]

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 09, 2024 08:13PM
This is a fun video; College champions 1869-2022.
[www.youtube.com]

I bet many didn't know that Yale has won more titles than any other college (18).

Michigan has been 5th on the all time list for some time with 9. They now have 10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020