advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Looking for a new go-to detergent
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 12, 2024 07:49AM
We need a strong detergent that's unscented, or minimally so. Any recommendations?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Looking for a new go-to detergent
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: January 12, 2024 07:55AM
Tide Free
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 12, 2024 09:09AM
Mr Downtown
Tide Free

Same. If you have a front loader get the HE version. I use a fraction of what is recommended and it does a great job.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 12, 2024 09:23AM
We like the Seventh Generation "free and clear" detergent. It's much more economical than the big brands and I like the "easy dose" bottles.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 12, 2024 09:26AM
Tide Ultra Free

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2024 09:44AM
.…isn’t the Kirkland Free from Costco….very similar…..?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2024 09:53AM
Top or front loading?

I have an almost empty pail of 3 year old Kirkland signature that is mostly scent free that I use in my front loader. I can't smell anything, but that doesn't mean someone sensitive wouldn't have issues. It says "200 loads" but I would guess it's closer to 450-500 for my use.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 12, 2024 09:54AM
Markintosh
We like the Seventh Generation "free and clear" detergent. It's much more economical than the big brands and I like the "easy dose" bottles.

Same here
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 12, 2024 10:01AM
A&H with Oxi & Odor killers.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 12, 2024 10:50AM
I've been using EarthBreeze.

[www.earthbreeze.com]

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: January 12, 2024 11:02AM
All Free & Clear is the only detergent I can use in the house; anything else -- even other supposed allergen-free/hypo-allergenic detergents -- give a couple of members of my family irritable skin or rashes.

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 12, 2024 11:43AM
We use the Seventh Generation in the huge bottles, which we then pour into an empty smaller bottle for ease of pouring.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 12, 2024 12:24PM
been using Costco’s Kirkland version of free and clear for years. on the road for long stretches of time i carry Tide free and clear pods.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 12, 2024 01:00PM
Zoidberg
All Free & Clear is the only detergent I can use in the house; anything else -- even other supposed allergen-free/hypo-allergenic detergents -- give a couple of members of my family irritable skin or rashes.

Once again, we are aligned. Lol
I am in my laundry room looking at my Costco size of All Free & Clear. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: davec
Date: January 12, 2024 01:14PM
Persil Sensitive Skin detergent is virtually scent free (to my nose) and does a very good job cleaning laundry.

Dave

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Date: January 12, 2024 01:25PM
Again and again, thanks.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 12, 2024 06:07PM
Costco bucket o powder detergent

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: January 12, 2024 08:55PM
All Free & Clear here as well... can't use anything else anymore.

After 40 years as a mechanic being around and in all of the different chemicals has made me super sensitive to scents, especially things like perfume and detergent.

I can literally smell someone wearing a freshly washed shirt or pants that have been washed in Tide from half a block away! I can't even go into the detergent isle at the supermarket!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us." Justice Robert Jackson
Date: January 12, 2024 10:25PM
Harbourmaster
All Free & Clear here as well... can't use anything else anymore.

After 40 years as a mechanic being around and in all of the different chemicals has made me super sensitive to scents, especially things like perfume and detergent.

I can literally smell someone wearing a freshly washed shirt or pants that have been washed in Tide from half a block away! I can't even go into the detergent isle at the supermarket!

Same here. I can tell when the neighbor's running their dryer.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 13, 2024 12:42AM
Harbourmaster
I can literally smell someone wearing a freshly washed shirt or pants that have been washed in Tide from half a block away!

Had a conversation with my Mom where she insisted my laundry did not smell clean. I told her It's clean; it just doesn't smell like Tide!

My Mom passed 27 years ago so I've been going scent free for at least that long.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 13, 2024 11:53AM
Been using Tide Free as well. Not sensitive, I just don't like strongly scented detergents.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Robert M
Date: January 13, 2024 12:12PM
Lost,

We standardized on Tide Free & Gentle HE a long time ago. It gets the job done nicely. We'd try similar competitors except most don't offer HE versions of their products. Not "HE for machines of all types" which isn't actually true HE detergent. Not regular detergent, just less of it. We only use actual HE products. Tide Free & Gentle is one of the few hypoallergenic detergents _that do the job well_ that has a true HE version.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 186
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020