advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
They keep showing us all the Chiefs/Dolphins pre-game stuff
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 13, 2024 06:34PM
But in 15 minutes they're gonna take it away from us. Maybe they'll forget to. I'm not paying for Peacock for one thing.

They showed Taylor.

Whatever you do DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK! I do not support this!

[www.streameast.gg]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: They keep showing us all the Chiefs/Dolphins pre-game stuff
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: January 13, 2024 07:03PM
I had already picked up a great discount on Peacock late last year so I WILL be watching at least some of this frozen game of football.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us." Justice Robert Jackson
Posted by: DP
Date: January 13, 2024 07:13PM
The NFL is taking a lot of heat for this. I hope they realize their mistake when the watching attendance is way down. I heard some advertisers are not happy either.

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: d4
Date: January 13, 2024 07:50PM
vision63
But in 15 minutes they're gonna take it away from us. Maybe they'll forget to. I'm not paying for Peacock for one thing.
They showed Taylor.

Thanks for nothing!! wink wink. smiley-gen013
thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 13, 2024 08:04PM
V63 with the hookup

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 13, 2024 11:56PM
d4
vision63
They showed Taylor.

Thanks for nothing!! wink wink. smiley-gen013
thumbs up smileys with beer

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: bfd
Date: January 13, 2024 11:58PM
Chuck Barkley had some choice words about this…

"Can I take a shot at the NFL right now? Showing this game not on cable, that's low class, man," Barkley said. "That's not cool. They're just being greedy pigs.

"... I'm disgusted. Even if I could, I wouldn't watch it... To screw your fans like that, it's just not cool, man, at all."
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 14, 2024 01:08AM
bfd
Chuck Barkley had some choice words about this…

"Can I take a shot at the NFL right now? Showing this game not on cable, that's low class, man," Barkley said. "That's not cool. They're just being greedy pigs.

"... I'm disgusted. Even if I could, I wouldn't watch it... To screw your fans like that, it's just not cool, man, at all."

The irony is that we have to pay to see the games of the sport he covers.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 14, 2024 06:23AM
I sometimes understand PPV, but this required a subscription to a service. That is far different in my opinion. Yes, you can cancel, but that extra step shouldn't be needed. It was just a blatant moneygrab by NBC and the NFL. Unfortunately, I expect it only to get worse.

If I want to watch the Rays or Lightning, I now have to pay Bally $20/month for access to their app.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: tronnei
Date: January 14, 2024 08:55AM
Whether by coincidence or not, Comcast once again made Peacock free to its customers this week if you signed up for Xfinity Rewards, which I promptly did. So I'm back to watching 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation and The Office, and last night's playoff game.
Posted by: d4
Date: January 14, 2024 10:45AM
I know this à la carte / buffet style programming is what many people have been requesting for all these years. But to do this during the NFL playoffs is a field goal kick in the nut sack.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 14, 2024 11:07AM
One month of cable will cover an antenna and lots of streaming services.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020