advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Opening playoff week NFL Talk (spoilers)
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 13, 2024 11:37PM
The Kansas City Swifts take out the Dolphins.

The Browns paid 200 million for a QB and it got them to the playoffs. Then the Texan blew their doors off. Maybe next year they will actually have that 200 million $ QB play for them.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2024 12:05AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Opening playoff week NFL Talk (spoilers)
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 14, 2024 06:15AM
How does a helmet shatter like Mahones and the player is not evaluated for a concussion?

To a lesser extent, how was he allowed to play a down still wearing the broken helmet?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Date: January 14, 2024 06:27AM
Ombligo
How does a helmet shatter like Mahones and the player is not evaluated for a concussion?

To a lesser extent, how was he allowed to play a down still wearing the broken helmet?

I don't advocate this position but my guess is the NFL will say, "The extreme cold made the composite material of the helmet shell brittle. The player was observed by our independent spotters and did not display signs of head injury."

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 14, 2024 08:17AM
Well darn. Cleveland is used to disappointment. And now we get into winter’s bone, temperatures below zero, the lake will freeze, and we’re all Canadians…
Posted by: DP
Date: January 14, 2024 08:52AM
Well darn

Right. As I wrote yesterday, I’d hoped to see the Lions and the Browns in the SB.

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 14, 2024 11:12AM
pRICE cUBE
Ombligo

I don't advocate this position but my guess is the NFL will say, "The extreme cold made the composite material of the helmet shell brittle. The player was observed by our independent spotters and did not display signs of head injury."

And also, no flag for the clear helmet to helmet contact. Not that it would have made much of a difference, as the run made a first down at the two, so it would have been "half the distance" to the goal line.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 14, 2024 11:45AM
cbelt3
Well darn. Cleveland is used to disappointment. And now we get into winter’s bone, temperatures below zero, the lake will freeze, and we’re all Canadians…

Look at the bright side. Now you can enjoy the playoffs for the spectacle without any emotional investment!
Date: January 14, 2024 04:51PM
The back of Dak Prescott's helmet says it all....

He wants to be Jordan Love

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 14, 2024 05:00PM
They gotta come out of the half in stop-em mode. They have to switch out Dak's gyroscope.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 14, 2024 06:01PM
Lopsided start to the playoffs for 3 of 4 games as I write this. Browns aren't the only ones getting mauled.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 14, 2024 06:05PM
On any given day...

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 14, 2024 06:54PM
Know you are loved.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: January 14, 2024 08:20PM
Once again the Cowboys lose in the first round of the playoffs. Dak Prescott is not the answer. This result will just keep repeating itself.

Date: January 14, 2024 09:16PM
Finally, there is a good game. I hope Detroit holds on, but there is plenty of time for them to lose.

Date: January 15, 2024 12:46PM
Ombligo
Finally, there is a good game. I hope Detroit holds on, but there is plenty of time for them to lose.

They're lucky the refs missed the call on that Puka reception attempt which turned the ball over on downs.
Date: January 15, 2024 10:18PM
LOL, Baker Mayfield, jettisoned by the Brows, makes it to the next round of the playoffs.

Date: January 16, 2024 11:18AM
pRICE cUBE
LOL, Baker Mayfield, jettisoned by the Brows, makes it to the next round of the playoffs.

His stint with the Rams when Stafford was out went very well. I was impressed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020