You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Weather today...
Posted by: DP
Date: January 14, 2024 08:46AM
I know some of you have me beat…

And that means:

Or something related to coffee maybe?

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2024 08:49AM by DP.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Weather today...
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 14, 2024 09:15AM
not only do I not have you beat, but I have no intention of facing the challenge.
I like my junk descended, thank you.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: ArtP
Date: January 14, 2024 09:34AM
Just wait until tomorrow DP - supposed to be COLDER!

No relief until next Tuesday when it gets back to the low to high 30s like previous weeks.

I feel bad - just went out to feed my feral cats that dine in my yard and they are nowhere to be found - darn birds ate all the cat food.

I may have to just try and feed them after dark for the next week or so until it gets warmer
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 14, 2024 10:07AM
-3F here now in E WA. Expected high of 11F.

I have never been so ready for spring so early in the winter.

Posted by: Numo
Date: January 14, 2024 10:15AM
-5 in Madison, WI right now with -25 wind chill. But bright and sunny.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: January 14, 2024 10:17AM
We've had it pretty good here in northern MI up until a week ago. Virtually no snow and mild temps and then we got hammered with 8" earlier last week, then another 15" of wet sloppy snow a few days later. Now it's getting C-O-L-D (17º right now) and all the wet stuff is freezing up solid. smiley-shocked003

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: January 14, 2024 10:38AM
I feel bad - just went out to feed my feral cats that dine in my yard

God bless you for that, Art. Too many of them running around.

My SIL took in a dog that she found sitting next to another dog that had been killed by a car in an intersection. That dog, Cashew, is now 14 yo, and other than feeling her age, is healthy...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.

Posted by: archipirata
Date: January 14, 2024 10:44AM
A balmy 19F here right now, going down to single digits tonight. But at least it's sunny.

Athens, OH
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 14, 2024 11:16AM
Fritz
I like my junk descended, thank you.

First freeze of the year (barely). It was 32F this morning. So for S&G I stepped out wearing only slippers and shorts. Set a timer for one minute.

That was interesting. I dunno how those "polar bears" do it!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: January 14, 2024 11:30AM
I did the same a few weeks ago in O'cala.
Wasn't quite that cold, 36º.
Barefoot and thin jammie bottoms.
Spouse, dressed in full Yankee snow regalia, looked at me like I was bat 5h1t crazy.
Cat ran in when I came out.
Pussy.

I always get a laugh when my compadres come to work on a sub-freezing day on far west 57th street with the wind whippin up off the Hudson, with shorts on. Their voices go up an octave.

!#$@@$#!

Date: January 14, 2024 11:45AM
See that here too. Fur-lined parka on top, shorts and flip-flops on bottom. Men and women!

Posted by: Spock
Date: January 14, 2024 01:53PM
It's a Florida Freezing Fifty Three. Brrrrr ....

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 14, 2024 02:22PM
It's a bone chilling 58º out my way.

And it ain't a fit day out for man nor beast.

Intermittent showers without much chance of it getting warmer.

Tomato soup and grilled cheese sammiches are on today's menu, with a hot chocolate chaser.

Maybe a cucumber and tomato sammich as well.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 14, 2024 03:00PM
Sunny and 70°F in the far southwest corner - just one degree from breaking out the flannel shirt … but alas, no football team. D'oh!
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 14, 2024 04:20PM
Up to 8°F!

Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 14, 2024 06:47PM
At the homestead it’s -6° but getting up to -5° tomorrow. Low of only -10° (‘only’ as in it could be much colder but the wind is keeping it warmer). However, I'm not at the homestead rather I’m in Mexico City enjoying mid 70’s.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: January 14, 2024 06:59PM
wish I remembered the place, years ago I was in MC doing a show.
One of the locals told us about a small taco chain with an outpost near our hotel. 10 of us food snobs went there every night for a week. delicious tacos and quality reposado or 'ritas, if you preferred.
Then there was the abuela of the mole sauce in the center of town.
That was lunch on the days we could get away from the venue. She's prolly long gone.
Mexico City is a bit like Paris in that the restaurant biz has a lot of pride.
It's hard to find bad Mexican in MC.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 14, 2024 08:40PM
Got down to 12º F this morning. Power company had a natural gas pumping station go down and sent emails to customers and local news stations saying please conserve. Set the thermostat to 62º and put on another sweatshirt. High was 28º.

Midnight Thursday to early Friday got just enough snow to turn streets, driveways, and lawns white. It was bright outside at 3 am, so I knew there was at least a dusting. It's still hanging around. If it doesn't melt on Monday (Mostly Sunny), rain on Tuesday should take care of it. Could be some icy roads North of Seattle. It was dry enough that Queen Anne hill didn't turn into the legendary car sledding demolition derby.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 15, 2024 04:49PM
Fritz
wish I remembered the place, years ago I was in MC doing a show.
One of the locals told us about a small taco chain with an outpost near our hotel. 10 of us food snobs went there every night for a week. delicious tacos and quality reposado or 'ritas, if you preferred.
Then there was the abuela of the mole sauce in the center of town.
That was lunch on the days we could get away from the venue. She's prolly long gone.
Mexico City is a bit like Paris in that the restaurant biz has a lot of pride.
It's hard to find bad Mexican in MC.

Walk down the street the family home is on and there are two dozen places to eat. It’s adjacent to a university (UNAM) with an enrollment of 400,000 so the food is cheap and plentiful. The family home is destined to become another restaurant as it sits on a prime corner but first they have to wait for the male sibling to allow it as it was left to him and he is having trouble parting with his late father’s 6,000 volume book collection.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020