advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
For those that like roominess, 2024 Kia EV9 seems like a nice EV SUV for $56k RWD, $66k AWD
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 26, 2024 11:35PM
[www.thedrive.com]

It's not unlikely that buyers looking at the EV9 would also be looking at Kia's other excellent mid-size SUV, the Telluride. The two vehicles share extremely similar exterior dimensions, though the EV9 benefits from a super long 122-inch wheelbase, which means more interior room but a less agile vehicle overall. In other words, prepare for a lot of three-point turns. For comparison, the Telluride sits on a 114.2-inch wheelbase, thanks to its ICE powertrain.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: For those that like roominess, 2024 Kia EV9 seems like a nice EV SUV for $56k RWD, $66k AWD
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 27, 2024 05:52AM
In other words, prepare for a lot of three-point turns.

It and the Telluride might be parking space hogs.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: For those that like roominess, 2024 Kia EV9 seems like a nice EV SUV for $56k RWD, $66k AWD
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: January 27, 2024 09:46AM
Man do I miss good old fashioned station wagons!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

"If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us." Justice Robert Jackson
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 27, 2024 10:52AM
Harbourmaster

Some of us are still holding on

Posted by: davester
Date: January 27, 2024 10:59AM
Looks like it has the aerodynamics of a barn door.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 27, 2024 12:22PM
davester

Another reason to develop batteries with higher energy densities.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 27, 2024 01:11PM
mattkime
Harbourmaster

Some of us are still holding on

We gave our wagon to our son so it’s still in the family. I told him as part of the gift that I retain right of first refusal when he wants to sell it. (2004 VW Passat TDI wagon, he loves it.)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 27, 2024 01:19PM
Smaller than a F-150 that's used as a family sedan/school bus/mall crawler these days!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 27, 2024 02:06PM
davester

Cybertruck influence
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 27, 2024 02:36PM
A friend was replacing their minivan and checked out the EV9. They liked it. (Went with a PHEV minivan BTW).

I think Kia is rocking the EV, hybrid and PHEV vehicles.

And assembling many models in the US.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 27, 2024 03:50PM
Carnos Jax
davester

Cybertruck influence

huh smiley

Looks much, much more like the Rivian than the CT.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 27, 2024 04:10PM
Just talking about the hard, faceted lines.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 27, 2024 11:09PM
DeusxMac
Carnos Jax
davester

Cybertruck influence

huh smiley

Looks much, much more like the Rivian than the CT.

Agreed.

It is what it is.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 28, 2024 12:04AM
I long for the return of the box; I cannot stand what few wagons we still have being all slanted in the rear. a pox on your stupid slant.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 28, 2024 09:18AM
mrbigstuff
I long for the return of the box; I cannot stand what few wagons we still have being all slanted in the rear. a pox on your stupid slant.

agree smiley

Our 2011 Toyota Rav4 was still "boxy" enough for a small third row seat. The increasing "slant" over the decade has completely eliminated any possibility of that extra seating.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 28, 2024 12:14PM
sekker
A friend was replacing their minivan and checked out the EV9. They liked it. (Went with a PHEV minivan BTW).

They certainly put together vehicles that look good on paper and in photos. Their longevity and support is questionable. They have an awful lot of issues and vehicles that have engine issues. I find it hard to believe that Kia is on the cutting edge of battery technology and find it much more likely that they get their range and fast charging at the expense of longevity. Their dealer network is also very slimy and the vast majority grew up from buy here, pay here lots and retained those sales tactics. The BBB ratings for most Kia dealers are abysmal.

[www.bbb.org]

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by: kj
Date: January 28, 2024 08:23PM
C(-)ris
sekker

They certainly put together vehicles that look good on paper and in photos. Their longevity and support is questionable. They have an awful lot of issues and vehicles that have engine issues. I find it hard to believe that Kia is on the cutting edge of battery technology and find it much more likely that they get their range and fast charging at the expense of longevity. Their dealer network is also very slimy and the vast majority grew up from buy here, pay here lots and retained those sales tactics. The BBB ratings for most Kia dealers are abysmal.

[www.bbb.org]

They are very innovative and make interesting cars. Agreed that the dealers do about all they could to nullify their hard work and talent.
Posted by: decay
Date: January 29, 2024 11:22AM
who the hell can afford a vehicle like this?

---
Posted by: kj
Date: January 29, 2024 03:42PM
decay
who the hell can afford a vehicle like this?

Average vehicle selling price is like 48k nowadays.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020