advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
atmospheric river?!….’Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom’ hitting streaming…..’Madame Web’ franchise dead….
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 20, 2024 11:36AM
……Aquaman 2 hits Max on Feb 27…..

…..Sony axes ‘Madame Web’ franchise/sequels due to movies poor performance…..they were going to connect to Spider-man…..depending how ‘Kraven’ performs, they may stop making these ‘Spider-man’ universe movies……maybe the rights will revert back to Marvel..…

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2024 11:49AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: atmospheric river?!….’Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom’ hitting streaming…..’Madame Web’ franchise dead….
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 20, 2024 11:54AM
Seems like Disney Marvel and Warner are trying to see how bad a movie they can make? Accountants probably figured the losses would be a bigger write off than just boxing the movie, like they did for BatGirl!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: atmospheric river?!….’Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom’ hitting streaming…..’Madame Web’ franchise dead….
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 20, 2024 02:47PM
Disney and Warner have offerings that struggled but Madame Web is Sony’s fault. Sony is also responsible for the much panned Morbius.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 20, 2024 02:55PM
….they used the same writers on Morbius for Madame Web…..

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 20, 2024 05:35PM
Honestly there's a few challenges here with the superhero franchises.

It's hard to bring a first rate franchise to market.
All the well known big name ones have been done.
All the good motifs are taken.

These second and third tier superheroes no one a few comic book nerds have ever heard of just aren't going to draw the interest that Aquaman, Batman, Captain America, Green Lantern, Fantastic 4, the Hulk, Iron Man, Superman, Spiderman, Thor, Wonder Woman and Wolverine are going to pull.

In addition, as these stories get told, the stakes get upped to world/universe ending battles... at some point the audiences are just going to be oversaturated with the doomsday scenarios and want something fresh and more comfortable.

Like, seriously, make a low stakes superhero rom-com or "hero x can't pay the rent because fighting villains doesn't make any money" story.

g=
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 20, 2024 08:38PM
gabester
Honestly there's a few challenges here with the superhero franchises.

It's hard to bring a first rate franchise to market.
All the well known big name ones have been done.
All the good motifs are taken.

These second and third tier superheroes no one a few comic book nerds have ever heard of just aren't going to draw the interest that Aquaman, Batman, Captain America, Green Lantern, Fantastic 4, the Hulk, Iron Man, Superman, Spiderman, Thor, Wonder Woman and Wolverine are going to pull.

In addition, as these stories get told, the stakes get upped to world/universe ending battles... at some point the audiences are just going to be oversaturated with the doomsday scenarios and want something fresh and more comfortable.

Like, seriously, make a low stakes superhero rom-com or "hero x can't pay the rent because fighting villains doesn't make any money" story.

This is why I want Marvel to make a Nova movie. One of the lesser-known heroes but it could take them "back to scratch" and effectively reinvent the genre. [www.giantfreakinrobot.com] ... I want them to go with the Richard Rider version of the character.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: February 21, 2024 05:59AM
I was an avid comic book fan since I was seven or eight years old.

I loved the Keaton Batman and the first Superman.

I was thrilled when Marvel started the movies (not so much with Fantastic Four, but X-Men was okay initially, and I personally thought the first Captain America was a delight).

But my interest waned when they'd done just about everything they could do, began ret-conning like crazy and came up with alternate dimensions to introduce old characters (I'm looking at you Gardner Fox and Justice League).

It's much the same now.

I don't care about the Thunderbolts-hell, besides Florence Pugh's Black Widow and Sebastian Stan's Winter Soldier I don't really care about the characters. The Eternals was a dud in my opinion, as was Echo, and The Marvels was an almost two hour time suck. (A shame because I thought the first Captain Marvel was pretty good).

From the time I was a kid I thought DC had better characters and Marvel had better stories. I think I'd rather binge nine seasons of Suits than watch another super hero flick just because it's a super hero flick.

I expect to watch Madame Web sometime around half past never....
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 21, 2024 01:19PM
I loved the Keaton Batman and the first Superman.

I personally thought the first Captain America was a delight.

I thought DC had better characters and Marvel had better stories. I think I'd rather binge nine seasons of Suits than watch another super hero flick just because it's a super hero flick.

Right there with ya!

I agree with 95% of the negative parts and don't disagree on the remaining 5%.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 22, 2024 11:42AM
PeterB
This is why I want Marvel to make a Nova movie. One of the lesser-known heroes but it could take them "back to scratch" and effectively reinvent the genre. [www.giantfreakinrobot.com] ... I want them to go with the Richard Rider version of the character.

When they introduced the Nova Corps in Guardians, I thought we were finally going to get a Nova movie. For whatever reason he was always one of my favorites.

Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 22, 2024 12:12PM
bazookaman
PeterB

When they introduced the Nova Corps in Guardians, I thought we were finally going to get a Nova movie. For whatever reason he was always one of my favorites.

Mine as well, I think the reason is because he's a relatable character-- basically an average teenager thrust into a role for which he wasn't in any way ready, having to learn to be a superhero essentially by trial-and-error, and making lots of mistakes in the process. Similar to the early Spider-man in that sense. His origin story is more or less a ripoff of Green Lantern, but without the bravado and swagger of GL. (If they had made a decent GL movie, I would have been in favor of that too... but instead we got what we got.)

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 169
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020