advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone using AccountEdge for small business accounting?
Posted by: John B.
Date: February 24, 2024 03:07PM
20-year QuickBooks user here.

Intuit is significantly revamping their pricing and pushing to cloud-only QuickBooks versions for small businesses later this year. Pricing-wise I'm feeling I'm no longer in their target demographic, and after running into a code flaw in TurboTax Online this year that prevented them from filing my tax return (H&R Block Online worked just fine)...I don't think I'll be trusting Intuit to provide an online-only accounting solution.

AccountEdge Pro seems to have a similar pricing structure to QuickBooks' previous pricing, and offers a local desktop installation. Has anyone used AccountEdge?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone using AccountEdge for small business accounting?
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 24, 2024 03:15PM
I've certainly heard of AccountEdge but never used it. I can recommend Manager, though, if you're looking for a free full accounting program. [www.manager.io]
Posted by: chopper
Date: February 25, 2024 07:49AM
We snorted all the Quickbooks when it was free or low cost and now we can't get clean no matter how many times we go to rehab.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 25, 2024 10:12AM
wurm
I've certainly heard of AccountEdge but never used it. I can recommend Manager, though, if you're looking for a free full accounting program. [www.manager.io]

when i have time i'll look further but do you know if Manager can import Quickbook files? If so I can finally migrate from Quickbooks and the 2012 iMac i hang on to to run it.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 25, 2024 12:06PM
graylocks
wurm

when i have time i'll look further but do you know if Manager can import Quickbook files? If so I can finally migrate from Quickbooks and the 2012 iMac i hang on to to run it.

I took a quick look in their Forum and the quick answer is No, but...

Here's the thread. [forum.manager.io]
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: February 25, 2024 01:04PM
I used AccountEdge for many years but it has been years since I've used it. It was a good product (and may still be).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020