advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
LOST: Season Finale episode discussion, 2 hour show, starts early here
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: May 23, 2007 06:49PM
Looks like it is a 2 hour show and it start one hour early with the ANswer show before that. Check your local listings or with Jacob.

DUDE!

-------------------------------------------------------

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: LOST: Season Finale episode discussion, 2 hour show, starts early here
Posted by: wolfcry911
Date: May 23, 2007 07:04PM
brutha
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 23, 2007 07:50PM
I'm there in about 10 minutes. There better be some "other" a$$ kicking tonight. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: h'
Date: May 23, 2007 08:56PM
The scene in the ditch--- priceless!!!!!
Date: May 23, 2007 09:09PM
rgG
I'm there in about 10 minutes. There better be some "other" a$$ kicking tonight. grinning smiley

Got your wish . . .
Date: May 23, 2007 09:30PM
Yessss!
Date: May 23, 2007 09:45PM
My own personal LOST blog.
So, he couldn't shut the door from the other side?
Date: May 23, 2007 10:00PM
I can't find any fault with that episode.
Am I dumb, or were we supposed to assume Jack's backstory was all flashback until Kate appeared?
Posted by: BillMac
Date: May 23, 2007 10:04PM
Looks like Kate's appearance is in the "present". The other flashbacks and time on island are in the "past".

-Bill
Posted by: iaJim
Date: May 23, 2007 10:12PM
time space continum was mentioned tonight. Is the future written in stone. Does the version of the present that we saw at the end have to be the future?

Who is the "he" that Kate must get back to?

Seems screwed up to me. How long are we going to have to wait for this to end? Two seasons? I'm impatient.
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 23, 2007 10:12PM
That last scene where Jack and Kate are in the "present" puts to rest any notion that the Lost cast is in purgatory and/or they are all ghosts. Yes the writers had already confirmed it in an interview. But now it's concretely confirmed in the series. NICE smiling smiley
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 23, 2007 10:28PM
We're breathing normally now. Just got through watching it on DVR. What an episode!
Surely Charlie's not dead, if he is I'm going to be ticked?

Grateful11
Date: May 23, 2007 10:32PM
I would think everyone comes back from the dead after tonight . . .
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: May 23, 2007 10:49PM
Who was it that died that upset Jack so?
Why didn't Charlie swim out the busted window?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 10:50PM by DaviDC..
Date: May 23, 2007 10:51PM
I just realized-- when beardedJack took out his cell phone I thought "that thing looks razor thin and cutting edge-- isn't this supposed to be years ago? Screw-up" but it turns out it was current/future.
So did I miss something and was it somehow obvious to the viewer that bearded Jack was post-Island? Or were we supposed to assume it was a flashback until Kate appeared?
Date: May 23, 2007 10:53PM
DaviDC.
Who was it that died that upset Jack so?
Why didn't Charlie swim out the busted window?

Dead person-- someone from the island, obviously?

Busted window-- um, too small? Or he thought he had to drown or noone would be rescued, per Desmond's flash?
Date: May 23, 2007 11:08PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOA! I just got done watching. The Dharma VW Bus makes it's triumphant return!

Highlights for me:
Hurley goes road rage
Ben gets his bug eyes punched in
Realizing that Jack and Kate scene is the present
The return of Locke

Lowlights:
Sure, make the Asian guy the one who missed the shot
Charlie dying
Walt

The BIG BIG BIG question in my mind, Jack says, "GET MY FATHER UP HERE, IF I AM DRUNKER THAN HE IS THAN YOU CAN FIRE ME". Does this mean Jack's father is alive or did I hear that wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 11:13PM by pRON aHOLIC.
Date: May 23, 2007 11:27PM
Other questions:

Why did Jack rip off Keeanu Reeves bronco?
Jack loves Kate? WTF?
Did Walt and Michael really escape the island?
Why did Charlie shut himself in if the code had been punched?

Date: May 23, 2007 11:28PM
Other questions:

Why did Jack rip off Keeanu Reeves bronco from Speed?
Jack loves Kate? WTF?
Did Walt and Michael really escape the island?
Why did Charlie shut himself in if the code had been punched?
Can Sayid really kill a dude with his legs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 12:01AM by pRON aHOLIC.
Posted by: dmann
Date: May 24, 2007 12:07AM
Great episode! I hope they make the "answer" hour available online because I didn't TiVo it.

I really wish they hadn't listed Malcolm David Kelly's name in the opening credits. It would have been cool if Walt had just appeared!

Among other things, I am trying to figure out how the title of the episode (Through the Looking Glass) figures in. We have seen white rabbits, which were part of Alice in Wonderland and there definitely seems to be some sort of live action chess match going on between Ben, Jack and Locke.

h', I'm with you. I thought it was a flashback until Kate appeared.

pRON, I thought the same thing about Jack's dad. When he said that line it didn't seem strange because I thought I was watching a flashback, not a flashforward.

I wonder if they'll start the next season with them in current time and wrap up the island mysteries/rescue in flashback form. If Jack is any indication, "salvation" wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Other random thoughts:
Where was Penny when she was talking with Charlie
What did Naomi mean when she said Charlie was "saved". Does she know/think he is dead? Was she lying or does she really think that signal meant something good?
Was Walt really there or was that another island ghost?

I need to go back and rewatch a couple scenes-

DM
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: May 24, 2007 12:32AM
dmann
Great episode! I hope they make the "answer" hour available online because I didn't TiVo it.

I really wish they hadn't listed Malcolm David Kelly's name in the opening credits. It would have been cool if Walt had just appeared!

Obscure actor's name, but a spoiler. Bigger issue: He looks 3 or 4 years older even though the narrative has only advanced about 3 or 4 months. Get used to it.

Date: May 24, 2007 12:37AM
jimbrady
dmann

Obscure actor's name, but a spoiler. Bigger issue: He looks 3 or 4 years older even though the narrative has only advanced about 3 or 4 months. Get used to it.

You could also do what I did and miss the first 10 minutes.

Posted by: vision63
Date: May 24, 2007 01:07AM
It was good seeing Walt. We all know he's aged in real life.

Nice episode. Charlie going blabbermouth was interesting.
Posted by: Carthaigh
Date: May 24, 2007 01:17AM
VERY good episode. Here are a few notes:

Another "through the looking glass" thought: Were Jack's pills making him smaller or larger?

So when we cut away from Locke and Walt, presumably the "work" that Locke needed to do was throw a knife into a hot chick's back.

I think the person who died was Hurley, and the "he" that Kate needed to get back to was Sawyer.

I screamed, "put one through his head, to ensure he is dead" when patchey was harpooned, but Desmond either did not hear me or didn't want to.

Sawyer killing Mr. Friendly was my favorite part of the episode. Jack NOT killing Ben was my least favorite part.

When Starbuck showed up in the viper, why wasn't Apollo more surprised? Was it just a dream? Oh wait, wrong show...

This message has been brought to you by the Threadkiller™
Date: May 24, 2007 01:22AM
What did Jack say before he almost jumped off the bridge? I didn't catch it, but think it was important.

Date: May 24, 2007 01:29AM
Carthaigh
I think the person who died was Hurley...

Ooops! I forgot that Jack said that he was not friend or family to the dead person. That means it was probably either Ben or Locke. Both of them wanted to stay on the island just like Jack does in the flashforward.

Date: May 24, 2007 02:08AM
Did anybody notice that Jack's ex-wife was pregnant in the flashforward?

Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: May 24, 2007 02:09AM
Jack on the bridge says: "Forgive Me...."

On a 52" HD screen, we tried to read the article Jack had in his hand. Appeared the article said something like "Los Angeles: Man found dead in downtown loft. The body of J....." Looked like a "J" anyway. Also mentions "New York" and "Grand Avenue", for whatever that is worth.

I believe Charlie didn't try to escape because he believed he had to die to save Claire.

Why can't the one-eyed man be killed?

Why does Richard not age? Seems to not have had any birthdays in awhile, Ben said to him "you do remember birthdays, dont you Richard?" (previous episode)

Ben still has not disclosed why he murdered 40 people with the Others....

I was glad to see Sawyer shoot Tom, Tom had it coming. I was hoping he would have shot Juliette right after that, but didn't happen.

Did Lana really die in her car when it exploded in front of Lionel? Oh wait, wrong show...

I am still LOST.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 24, 2007 03:11AM
So much to think about here. We have some answers to previous questions, but then of course we have NEW questions.

My two biggest questions are WHERE IS THIS ISLAND and WHY DO THEY WANT TO GO BACK?

Jin was the only one without a rifle, and hitting a target at a distance is more difficult with a handgun. Plus his career seemed to be more focused on physical combat than marksmanship.

So it would seem that the eye-patch guy cannot be killed, at least not with a ultrasonic fence or a harpoon to the heart. Obviously it was not that difficult to swim down into the looking glass hatch since Charlie and Desmond were both able to do it. Mr. Invincible seemed to need diving gear however. Charlie was so convinced that drowning was his destiny that even after he had accomplished his task of shutting down the signal jammer, he still chose to die. He could have easily gone through the door and closed it from the other side, especially with Desmond's help. As far as we can tell there would be no repercussions stemming from his survival that would then interfere with their rescue.

The scene with Hurley trying to go with Sawyer and Juliette was very telling. Hurley was rejected before when he wanted to help Charlie and Desmond. Obviously he doesn't take no for an answer, not when there is a VW bus anyway.

I was immediately suspicious when after we heard the three shots over the radio we did not actually see the three guys dead on the ground. I did not suspect that Ben's henchmen would ignore his order like that, but it was a strange order and I wouldn't have been comfortable doing it either. I mean what if the radio broke and Ben didnt' actually want them to get shot? oops.

I'm sure I will think of more things later...
Date: May 24, 2007 03:26AM
Carthaigh
VERY good episode. Here are a few notes:
So when we cut away from Locke and Walt, presumably the "work" that Locke needed to do was throw a knife into a hot chick's back.

I screamed, "put one through his head, to ensure he is dead" when patchey was harpooned, but Desmond either did not hear me or didn't want to.

Is it just me or does a disproportionate number of eye candy get the axe on this island?

Maybe the one armed guy can heal like Locke?

Carthaigh
Did anybody notice that Jack's ex-wife was pregnant in the flashforward?

Yeah, I bet it's Jack's winking smiley

Date: May 24, 2007 04:13AM
Yeah, for as bad as Ben wants females to test on they do seem to die off rather quickly.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: May 24, 2007 07:51AM
As soon as I saw Jack with the crappy paste-on beard and what seemed to be padding around the middle, I figured this was either a flash-forward or an alternate reality. I also knew if would be Kate appearing at the end. Guess I've read too many comic books, huh? Since I'm on a roll, I'm guessing it was Ben in the coffin.

The desperately-trying-to-get-back-to-the-island makes me think there's a "Somewhere In Time" aspect to the show which then makes me wonder if there's some sort of time displacement going on. They can't get back to the island because it keeps shifting in time, like trying to shoot a moving target. And if Jack's father is now alive, maybe when they get back to the real world, they don't exactly arrive in the same reality that they left, but one of millions of alternate ones. That would explain why the parachute-hot-chick thinks they all died. In her reality, they did. And that would explain why Penny doesn't know anything about the boat. In her reality, it doesn't exist. And that might explain the guy who doesn't age. Maybe people who are born on the island age at a much slower rate once they reach adulthood. Time doesn't work the same way for them.

Wow, now my head is spininng.
Posted by: edgarbc1
Date: May 24, 2007 09:01AM
they all get golden passes to fly anywhere free after being saved!
nice perk!
Posted by: dmann
Date: May 24, 2007 09:49AM
Oh yeah, Jack's ex wife was REALLY pregnant. Wondering if that was just a sign that she had moved on completely or if that fact had some other significance.

That coffin looked kind of small to me but if the obit said "Man was found" maybe it was just my perception.

Given Jack's emotional state in the flashforward he could have said he wasn't a friend to Sawyer or Locke.

I would really hate it if the "he" Kate was referring to was Ben. Wouldn't it be fun if it were Hurley? smiling smiley

I really need to go back and rewatch the ep-
DM
Date: May 24, 2007 12:33PM
Carthaigh
VERY good episode. When Starbuck showed up in the viper, why wasn't Apollo more surprised? Was it just a dream? Oh wait, wrong show...

LOL!

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Date: May 24, 2007 12:34PM
edgarbc1
they all get golden passes to fly anywhere free after being saved!
nice perk!

Would anyone use a pass like that after a horrifying crash and then surviving half a year on an island? I would never fly again after they got me back to my country of origin winking smiley

Date: May 24, 2007 02:11PM
So after all Jack does for Kate, he still doesn't get to be with her. Cut and run now Jack, she's trouble!

Posted by: shadow
Date: May 24, 2007 02:34PM
Mike Sellers
The desperately-trying-to-get-back-to-the-island makes me think there's a "Somewhere In Time" aspect to the show which then makes me wonder if there's some sort of time displacement going on.

I'm guessing that the flash-forward was showing us what would happen if they get rescued right now.

However, since there are 3 more seasons, I'd wager that in the Season 4 opener, Jack is going to come to believe that being rescued right now is not the correct thing to do. He'll probably have to take someone's word about his (and the other survivors') future - someone he doesn't want to believe (eg - Ben or Locke). But in the end, he will make the choice to leave them stranded. In which case, the flash-forward will never have happened.

The only thing that does not fit this premise (without additional revelation) is the "if I'm more drunk than he is" comment.
Hoffs Drawler = Flash Forward.
Posted by: herbiesyufy
Date: May 24, 2007 03:59PM
Well, he did say "get my father DOWN here"...which could conceivably refer to getting him down from, say, heaven.

It would be cool if his dad was alive, though. Nice twisty twist.

Hoffs Drawler funeral home? Too weird a name. Run it through an anagram algorithm and you get "Flash Forward".

I miss Charley. I don't get why he didn't go OUTSIDE the door and then close it.

Locke...meh. Used to be my favorite character. Seems to be a pretty good hand-to-hand fighter, for a box salesman.

Go Hurley! Go Hurley!

Seems a waste to have shot that dark-haired chick in the underwater station. She was sort of hot, in a girl-next-door kinda way.

Walt sure got tall in 3 months.
Re: Hoffs Drawler = Flash Forward.
Date: May 24, 2007 08:11PM
herbiesyufy

Hoffs Drawler funeral home? Too weird a name. Run it through an anagram algorithm and you get "Flash Forward".

I miss Charley. I don't get why he didn't go OUTSIDE the door and then close it.

Walt sure got tall in 3 months.

They should have out Walt on some anti growth medication winking smiley

I think Charley wanted to die so the rest could get rescued.

How in the world did you come up with that Flash Forward thing?

Date: May 24, 2007 10:04PM
herbiesyufy

That only works if it is "Hoffs Drawlar".

[www.mbhs.edu]

Date: May 24, 2007 10:11PM
Carthaigh
herbiesyufy

That only works if it is "Hoffs Drawlar".

[www.mbhs.edu]

Sorry...that was a typo on my part. The funeral parlor IS "Hoffs Drawlar", which does anagram into Flash Forward. I spelled it wrong in my post, above.

I' m JUUUUUST nerdy enough to look for anagrams whenever I see such a strange, out-of-place name. And in Lost, they always put in those easter-egg-type jokes!
Date: May 24, 2007 10:18PM
Oooh! Here's another good one:

Hoffs Drawlar Funeral Parlor = real plan for flash forward

Coolio.
Date: May 24, 2007 10:33PM
Here's another question:

If the boat wasn't Penny's, then why does she have an incoming line to that station? It WAS an incomiong transmission. Is she connected to Dharma, or to Ben?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 24, 2007 10:49PM
just watched it. did the episode really end w/ jack standing at the airport or did Tivo cut it off early?

btw, jack's wife, i'm pretty sure, plays Denise on Boston Legal. she's been pregnant all this season so i assume the actress is in real life. maybe the Lost writers let it ride to show that jack's wife has really moved on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 10:50PM by graylocks.
Date: May 25, 2007 12:40AM
Interesting, I went to the same high school as the guy who wrote that anagram finder. www.mbhs.edu

Does this mean I am LOST??
Date: May 25, 2007 11:50AM
Wow...and if you run "LOST" through the anagram finder, you come up with "SLOT".

I wonder how important slots will be in Season 4? Makes you wonder...maybe they'll end up in Vegas?
Posted by: Robo
Date: May 25, 2007 07:54PM
I think the writers really are making this up as they go along, otherwise why not have filmed the scene with Walt and Locke 3 years ago? Still a great show though. But in another year Walt may be 6 feet tall and have the voice of Barry White so he may never re-appear. But they really need to resolve his story. Of course, his age will make more sense if they ever do a flash forward for him.
Date: May 25, 2007 11:38PM
Robo
I think the writers really are making this up as they go along, otherwise why not have filmed the scene with Walt and Locke 3 years ago? Still a great show though. But in another year Walt may be 6 feet tall and have the voice of Barry White so he may never re-appear. But they really need to resolve his story. Of course, his age will make more sense if they ever do a flash forward for him.

Seems to be the case because they killed off the two that had the DUI arrests and Nikki and Pablo were a complete waste of time.

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 26, 2007 10:33AM
'Hoffs Drawlar Funeral Parlor'

also anagrams to

'Horror's wrap and fearful fall.' LOL

[www.anagramgenius.com]

graylocks asked:

just watched it. did the episode really end w/ jack standing at the airport or did Tivo cut it off early?

That's the way she ended.

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020