Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dual Core PowerMac Refurbs At Apple Store
Posted by: Carthaigh
Date: January 28, 2006 02:07PM
[store.apple.com]

2GHz Dual Core PowerMacs for $1699. 2.3 and 2.5 Quad Dual Core PowerMacs also available. Looks like Amazon is still a better deal (for me in CA).

This message has been brought to you by the Threadkiller™

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2006 02:10PM by Carthaigh.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dual Core PowerMac Refurbs At Apple Store
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: January 28, 2006 03:20PM
What's interesting about this is the shipping timetable: "2 weeks." Hmmm, what's that all about? I still like the 2.7GHz DP for $2149 if you're going to go refurb PowerMac G5. Of course Amazon is the best deal of all for us in the Golden State...get a new Dual Core G5, get a rebate, and no sales tax=a lot of saving$.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: Carthaigh
Date: January 28, 2006 06:22PM
I am hoping to pick up a "cheap" dual 1.8 or 2.0GHz G5 powermac soon. The refurbs are still too expensive for me with the CA tax. I have been looking on Craigslist, but those morons typically want more for a 2 year old 1.8GHz dual than a new 2.0GHz dual core costs. It is really hard to find a good deal on Craigslist.

This message has been brought to you by the Threadkiller™
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: January 28, 2006 08:34PM
You can have my G5 1.8GHz DP/6GB RAM/160GB & 250GB HDs/DVR-109/AP/BT/56k for $2Gs or so...make me an offer! smiling smiley

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: billb
Date: January 28, 2006 09:55PM
rexrzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's interesting about this is the shipping
> timetable: "2 weeks." Hmmm, what's that all about?

Consider the logistics of a re-seller/distributor returning warehouse stock .
There are minimum quantities for quantity discounts involved in getting the stock in the first place and credit limit extensions that complicate what a re-seller/distributor wants to sit on.
Apple probably ends up ahead of the game with warehouse returning, rather than discount-crediting past inventory through outlets to help move it.
Apple's discount page seems to move stock rather well considering how often they are out of things after posting/offering them. $5.00 or $10.00 per unit additional freight on a trailer load often beats a shared loss through a distributor/vendor. (It alos frees up a vendors credit extension)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 159
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020