advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Born in the U.S.A.!. . .FREE USAA Key Chain. . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 18, 2007 10:06PM
FREE USAA Key Chain

You have to be a logged into your USAA account (which means you have to have one).

I just logged in tonight and the offer popped up. Two different types: round or square.

It is supposed to be a pretty "heavy in the hand" keychain not a cheap plastic one. . .or so I hear. . .

The keychain will have USAA's address and your USAA # printed on it.

There are few feelings worse than losing your keys. With your new USAA key chain you can make that feeling a bit more bearable. If your keys are found, they can be dropped in any mailbox for return to USAA. Then we'll return the keys to you at no cost. Your privacy is safe ... and so are your keys. This peace of mind is part of your USAA membership.

Of course, this key chain is free. A gift that says "thank you" for being a member of USAA.

If you don't see the offer when you log in, you can use this link but you still have to be logged into your account for the link to work, so log in first then click the link:

DIRECT LINK to FREE USAA Keychain offer. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 10:07PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Born in the U.S.A.!. . .FREE USAA Key Chain. . .
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 18, 2007 10:14PM
what is USAA?
Date: June 18, 2007 10:18PM
[www.usaa.com]

It started as banking/investing/insurance for the armed forces only and is now open to the public (although you still have to be in the military/veteran to have access to some of the insurances. . .). . .but anyone can open a bank account. . .

They have a great reputation for customer service (and in the case of insurance. . .reliability and reasonable rates). . .

More in depth info here:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2007 10:22PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: stephen
Date: June 18, 2007 10:27PM
Love USAA.

And their online banking is excellent - pay back every ATM charge automatically, up to $15 a month.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 18, 2007 11:12PM
Yup, got introduced to it in the late 80's. Great resource. Back then, not only was membership limited to members of the uniformed services, but they had to be commissioned officers or officer candidates from what I recall. To me, they seem to be one of the best run non-profit's.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 19, 2007 03:24AM
need to get another Buick i guess....

Been a USAA member since the 80s also. Dad was an AF LtCol when he retired. Both in-laws are ex Army officers as well.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: June 19, 2007 07:39AM
Open banking is NOT anymore -- unless it recently changed.

I have my insurance through them (flawless) but they've tightened the rules so much that last time I checked (6 months ago?) to get a friend into their banking ops, they closed down except to San Antonio residents and the usual LIVING, former military.

If they opened up for finances, get in. They are excellent. If you are active or retired military, you can pass it on to all living kids for the AUTO insurance. Can't get that any other way unless you marry into it.

If you don't think you need USAA for yourself???? GET IT FOR YOUR KIDS.

They give rebates every year from auto insurance. I've seen rebates here, for $250, because of savings, checking, even after they had to pay out for an accident, when all they were paid for the year was a few thousand.

Amazing company.

edit - retired military is not enough. It has to be active/reserve. I tried to get in via my father's service (he passed in 1981) and after that, the man my mother married years later who is a retired WW2 vet, but that did NOT qualify him.

I'm amazed at the number of people who served who were not aware of this all these years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 07:51AM by Jimmypoo.
Posted by: Tofer
Date: June 19, 2007 07:46AM
USAA is great. I've been a member since I first joined the Navy, in 1992. The benefits are terrific, and I now have just about all of my monetary affairs through them (Checking, Savings, IRA, mutual funds, stocks, insurance). I hope they don't go bankrupt. smiling smiley The little things are nice: I always get through to an agent or rep within a minute or so on the phone, the online services are outstanding (I can deposit a check from a scanned image of the check, instantly), and as mentioned above, they pay you back for ATM fees.

I used to think that it was a downside to not have any local branches, but it's never been a problem, and now that I can do virtually everything online, it doesn't matter at all. If you have the opportunity to join, do it!

-Tofer
p.s. The company almost always sends you a check during the year, too, when they figure out how much money they have left over. Part of the money goes into a "subscriber's savings account," and the other part is just a check for you to do whatever you'd like with. I think my check averages about $60 a year, which is always a nice little surprise when it arrives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 07:48AM by Tofer.
Date: June 19, 2007 06:46PM
. . .yup. . .i didn't realize that they have restricted banking back to only military.

I just checked and it has indeed been restricted.

Glad I was able to get in when I did. . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 473
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020