advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
quick parallel window sizing question
Posted by: Spiff
Date: June 25, 2007 11:24AM
Just upgraded to Parallel 3. In the previous version (2.5.something) I was able to size the window by clicking and dragging the corner of the window. The space inside the window seemed to adjust itself (ie - didn't have to scroll to see all the icons). Does this sound right? Maybe I was missing something.

That feature does not seem to be present in this build? I've looked, but could not seem to find how to adjust this? Any ideas? Did anything I type make sense?

-Spiff - dazed and confused.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: quick parallel window sizing question
Posted by: jardster
Date: June 25, 2007 12:08PM
I didn't upgrade to 3.0, but did you install Parallel Tools?

Posted by: Spiff
Date: June 25, 2007 03:16PM
And there ya go. All is better. I don't know why I panic, but I seem to do that with programs of which I know little about. *sigh*

Tried going back to 2.5. Mistake. Now back to 3.0. All is much better. For whatever reason, the tools did not install the first time around for 3.0. That made the MS wizard go crazy! After reinstalling 3.0 the second time around, had to re-register Windows XP, and the window is able to be resized again. Mouse and keyboard working well. Whew! Now I have to figure out if brightness can be adjusted within parallels, or if it's an overall mac thing ( I think it's an overall mac thing).

I am nervous about trying coherence, but it seems pretty cool! They don't say how to get out of it once you start it. Any ideas? Suggestions? (other than quit yer pussyfootin' and just play with it! - the computer, that is.)

Ahhh, the panic sets in, yet again. =)

Thank all y'all!

-Spiff
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: June 26, 2007 08:13AM
Spiff
I am nervous about trying coherence, but it seems pretty cool! They don't say how to get out of it once you start it. Any ideas? Suggestions? (other than quit yer pussyfootin' and just play with it! - the computer, that is.)

Ahhh, the panic sets in, yet again. =)

So you're staying with incoherence.

It seems to work well for you. winking smiley
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: June 26, 2007 08:18AM
In version 2.5 of Parallels, you hit Shift+Ctrl+Option to exit coherence mode.

This is configurable in your preferences so if you changed it (or if they changed it in the 3.0 version) then you'll need to use the new set of keys.

I read this in the "Parallels Desktop for Mac User Guide.pdf". I think I installed that file when I downloaded Parallels. It might be part of the default installation. My documentation PDFs (Quick Start and User Guide) are located in the Parallels application folder alongside the Parallels application.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 61
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020