advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Got some iTunes Library Questions!
Posted by: microchip13
Date: February 01, 2006 11:16PM
So, first off, I use an application called Synk to synchronize my music libraries every once and a while on my G5 and my iBook. This may be my problem, I'm not sure.

So, first off, in my latest sync I'm missing some recent songs. The annoying thing is they're in my music folder, but not showing up in iTunes.

Also, some songs are corrupted. I'm not prepared to go out and buy disk warrior just yet, but is there any low level command or something to rebuild my iTunes library?

I also want to reimport all the stuff, or at least get all my missing files in without having to re-import my library and deleting all the copies.

There's gotta be some easy way to do this right?

TiA.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Got some iTunes Library Questions!
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: February 02, 2006 12:57AM
Are your libraries identical? Do they share a common drive for the music? Are your libraries messed up on both machines? If you have a good library on one of the machines, you could just take the library file from there and put it on the other machine in place of its library file. ONLY if the two libraries are identical as you'll lose any unique playlists or ratings, etc. When you say corrupted, does that mean exclamation mark? There are scripts that will go through and sort out those types of files [www.dougscripts.com]
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: February 02, 2006 06:42AM
To add the missing songs back into iTunes . . . have one window open with the songs visible and the select and drag them into the iTunes window onto the Library. This will automatically add them to your Library.

HTH

drinking smiley cheers

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: microchip13
Date: February 02, 2006 07:11AM
I don't know all of my songs missing.

This is happening on both my macs

By corrupted I mean on like 5 of my songs, it doesn't play what it's supposed to.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: February 02, 2006 02:36PM
If you do not care about your playlists and creating them over, then try the following:

(1) Pull all your mp3 file directories out of your iTunes Music Folder and place into a temporary directory.

(2) Go back into iTunes and select Libray, select all and delete. These song titles are all just pointers now and won't delete any actual files to the trash.

(3) Put all your actual mp3 files from the temporary directory and place back in your iTunes Music Folder.

(4) Drag the iTunes Music Folder on to the Library in iTunes and let it reload.

You should be set to go with having all your music recognized now. Your corruption problem, I don't have an answer for that part. I have over 6,000 mp3s and have rarely encountered corrupted files. Of course I have not played back all 6,000 -- however, with the numerous random sampling that I have played there have been no issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020