advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AAPL ouch :(
Posted by: Silencio
Date: August 09, 2007 04:41PM
Down 7+ points today. Did the big investment houses downgrade Apple's target price because they didn't like iMovie 8, or what? Or are all the bad sub-prime loans going to keep people from buying those 300% more expensive iMacs?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AAPL ouch :(
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: August 09, 2007 04:47PM
A lot of people had to sell stock to buy those new iMacs.
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 09, 2007 05:02PM
It is all the fault of the French. grinning smiley

Actually, it is. A big French bank froze three hedge funds that were heavily invested in US sub-prime mortgages and that is what started the whole thing. It was like lemmings going off the cliff today. I believe that 27 of the 30 Dow stocks were down today, so APPL had lots of company.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 09, 2007 05:10PM
Buying opportunity! I'm about to buy some more tomorrow. I hope LOTS of people are running scared and selling.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: August 09, 2007 06:00PM
Rick-o
Buying opportunity! I'm about to buy some more tomorrow. I hope LOTS of people are running scared and selling.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 09, 2007 06:18PM
Pork Belly prices have been dropping all morning. Which means everybody is sitting in their offices, they waiting for it to hit rock bottom so that they can buy cheap and go long. So people that own the pork belly contracts are going batsh!t because they're thinking "hey, we're losing all our damn money, Christmas is around the corner and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the GI Joe with the kung fu grip. And my wife ain't gonna want to fff' me, my wife ain't gonna want to make love to me 'cause I ain't got no money," right? So they sittin' there and they panicking, they screaming "SELL SELL," 'cause they don't wanna lose all they money, right? They out there panicking right now, I can feel it, they out there, they panicking, look at 'em.

I'd wait til you get to about 64, then I'd buy. You'd have cleared out all the suckers by then.
Posted by: hal
Date: August 09, 2007 06:23PM
regardless of the overall market, this stock is WAY overdue for a 20% correction...

20% off the high is about 120

IF the overall market is ready to crash then it doesn't matter how 'good' aapl is - it'll suffer with the rest...

this market is scary as hell! I personally wouldn't be adding to anything at this time...
Posted by: hal
Date: August 09, 2007 06:29PM
vision63
Pork Belly prices have been dropping all morning. Which means everybody is sitting in their offices, they waiting for it to hit rock bottom so that they can buy cheap and go long. So people that own the pork belly contracts are going batsh!t because they're thinking "hey, we're losing all our damn money, Christmas is around the corner and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the GI Joe with the kung fu grip. And my wife ain't gonna want to fff' me, my wife ain't gonna want to make love to me 'cause I ain't got no money," right? So they sittin' there and they panicking, they screaming "SELL SELL," 'cause they don't wanna lose all they money, right? They out there panicking right now, I can feel it, they out there, they panicking, look at 'em.

I'd wait til you get to about 64, then I'd buy. You'd have cleared out all the suckers by then.

I was about to call you names for your over simplified rambling, but then thought...,'that sounds familiar...'

hahahaha

Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 09, 2007 06:47PM
watching the VIX of late has reminded me of a recent drop

!#$@@$#!
Posted by: Silencio
Date: August 09, 2007 08:03PM
Dammit Vision, and I was about to ask for a quote on FCOJ futures. grinning smiley
Posted by: Carthaigh
Date: August 09, 2007 08:45PM
Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One minute you're up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley. Are you with me?

This message has been brought to you by the Threadkiller™
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: August 09, 2007 08:51PM
That stings a little...
But considering that the last shares I bought, I paid $89 for ... I'm not crying in my diet mt dew just yet...

That and EVERYTHING (well, almost...) is down today.

My guess is that AAPL will recover with the market over the next couple weeks to couple months.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Carthaigh
Date: August 09, 2007 09:02PM
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's @#$%&. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

This message has been brought to you by the Threadkiller™
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 09, 2007 09:09PM
Silencio and Carthaigh:

We gotta KILL them MUTHAFU...! We Gotta KILL 'EM!!!
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: August 09, 2007 09:16PM
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: August 10, 2007 06:17AM
Anybody who says money is the root of all evil, doesn't have it! Money can't buy happiness? Look at the f'ing smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby. You wanna hear details? I drive a Ferrari 355 cabriolet.

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: davester
Date: August 10, 2007 10:50AM
It's something very personal, a very important thing. Hell! It's a family motto. Are you ready Jerry? I wanna make sure you're ready, brother. Here it is: Show me the money. SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY! Jerry, it is such a pleasure to say that! Say it with me one time, Jerry.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 10, 2007 10:57AM
All I can say is finally. Now I don't feel like such an idiot for not investing in earlier.

Of course now I should buy some or I will have to eat my words later when it goes back up.
It's at 123 right now...
Posted by: davester
Date: August 10, 2007 11:54AM
That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a @#$%&. Good father? F___ you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you @$%#$#%!? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020