advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
custom cook stove? Large.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: August 12, 2007 01:24AM
I am a homebrewer and the ultimate setup is a three pot cooking system. Life gets much easier with three pots. Unfortunately a sculpture made specifically for this purpose is very expensive. The one I want is $2300!!!! which of course I will never spend. So what I'm thinking about is a custom camp stove. I currently use a camp chef but it just isn't long enough for 3 kegs. I need a surface dimension of 16x54. So the question is, how do I go about having one built? Here are pics of my dream setup and my current setup.

like the one level system because it makes it easy to clean and monitor what is going on.

Current system is only wide enough to accomodate two kegs. It works great but needs to be wider.

Dave

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
I’ve added some recipes and spiritual thoughts as well.
[colquhoun.info]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: custom cook stove? Large.
Date: August 12, 2007 01:29AM
Here's a guy who built pretty much what I want. of course he seems to be a welder so he did it himself...

[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: Bubba3K
Date: August 12, 2007 02:15AM
Why not get another camp chef (single or double) and set it next to your existing one?

-Bubba3K
Date: August 12, 2007 02:30AM
I have considered buying their single burner stove but the dimensions aren't right, a keg wouldn't sit on it securely. Buying their two burner stove seems awkward as I would then have a total of 5 burners but would only be using 3 of them. Even so that would be very affordable but I would like to find an all-in-one solution.

Dave

[colquhoun.info]
Date: August 12, 2007 02:42AM
If a second camp chef is a bit unwieldy, seems like a welder in your area could fabricate a slick unit for you. I am sure it would be FAR less than the $2300 of the other system. I'd call a welder and a propane shop to get started. The picture in your second post does look really nice.

-B3K
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: August 12, 2007 02:50AM
Learn to weld, it's not that tough. I learned on one of these [www.sears.com]

Angle iron is cheap, buy a few extra pieces and practice a little. If you don't light yourself on fire in a couple of hours you'll be good enough to do what you need. No, it won't look as pretty as the $2300 one but it will work.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 12, 2007 08:42AM
I agree with Bubba. Find a local welder for the job. There are plenty of talented folks out there that could whip that item out for you quickly and inexpensively.

Although I have a welding rig of my own, and can weld in a pinch, I take most of my welding jobs to a friend that worked as a journeyman welder in our tradesman crew at GM.

His work is fantastic and blows my jobs right out of the water. I would have to practice for YEARS to get the same result.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: August 12, 2007 10:37PM
A little off topic, but I was running errands today and saw one of those turkey deepfryers (like this one [www.sears.com] ) and wondered if you could use that for homebrewing.

It looks like your kegs would fit up there easily. Only bummer to this would be that all three would want their own propane tank, but I'm sure a trip to the propane shop in your area would let you quickly rig the three together. At $60 a pop, it might be a decent solution (assuming it will hold your kegs).

If you can use these things, hell, call over a welder and weld the three of 'em together. Take your savings and brew a LOT of beer.

-B3K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2007 10:57PM by Bubba3K.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 76
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020