advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need new BBQ
Posted by: Shakes
Date: September 02, 2007 09:50PM
I need to buy a new gas barbeque with a rotisserie. I'm tempted to get one from Costco but a friend of mine bought one there and the heat controls aren't very effective. Anyone have a brand or model they like?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need new BBQ
Posted by: spacescape
Date: September 02, 2007 10:23PM
I love my 3 Burner Weber Genesis Silver B I bought last summer... They have new Genesis model this year but retained everything that was great about my grill, shipped it to China (ah great... just what we needed) and introduced the Weber Spirit series... I saw a Spirit series and the quality wasn't as nice as mine and something else looked different... However, I'd be willing to bet it cooks as nice as mine...

I never thought there were much differences between grills but the chicken that comes off my weber is F***ing AWSOME...

They have a rotisserie attachment as well.

Bill
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 02, 2007 10:30PM
One word - Weber. Worth every penny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2007 10:31PM by sekker.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: September 03, 2007 02:38AM
I, too, love my Weber Genesis Silver B. I bought it largely because it was picked by two magazines as the best out there -- I think the magazines were Fine Cooking & Cooks Illustrated, but it was a while ago. Cooks Illustrated really loved it -- after all sorts of testing they found it to be better than some grills that were three or four times the price.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 03, 2007 06:14AM
2007 edition of Gas Grill rankings --- [bbq.about.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: Mr645
Date: September 03, 2007 07:45AM
A few years ago I bought a Vermont Casting grill from Lowes or Home Depot, I don't remember. Wife liked it because it's blue.

Bottom line? 3+ years later, getting used 2-3 times per week, it still works like new, holding up very well. Cooks well. Great purchase IMHO

"No Comment"
Posted by: mjgkramer
Date: September 03, 2007 08:28AM
I have a Member's Mark stainless steel grill with rotisserie bought at Sam's Club. Everything's stainless including the grates that the meat sits on. That's the best feature - no more rusting and very easy to clean. I never use the rotisserie.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: September 03, 2007 08:30AM
Vermont Castings are nice as well... In fact, Home Depot has/had some 3 burner ones made for Home Depot that were clearing out for $99. It was online last year for a day or two as an online special only for $99.00. However, shipping was $100. Some people were able to get HD to match the price in the store which made it a great deal. However, mine never arrived so I used my coupon for 10% off and bought my Weber Genesis Silver B...

Check out the about.com BBQ forum.

[bbq.about.com]

I have a few other links to forums as well if your interested.

Bill
Posted by: vicrock
Date: September 03, 2007 09:20AM
Actually we bought the one from Costco this spring and love it - the rotisserie works GREAT.
Posted by: Cary
Date: September 03, 2007 03:40PM
Had a Weber Genesis - recetly upgraded to a Weber Summit - this after a series of less expensive grills - I recommend Weber wholeheartedly...

Cary
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: September 03, 2007 04:37PM
Another Weber Genesis owner. I'm on my third, after buying one of the first Genesis 3s way back when. Each has lasted about 7-8 years.

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 03, 2007 05:49PM
i bought a char broil last year from home depot, was $229, now seems to be $269 (maybe i got mine on sale?)

[www.homedepot.com]

tons of grilling area, best feature was the grills -- they are cast iron -- super easy to clean

4 grilling "zones" and electric start -- i agree with the reviews

i looked at the vermont casting ones as well...didnt seem worht the extra over this one

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: AAA
Date: September 04, 2007 05:46AM
Any BBQ suggestions you GRILL guys? smiling smiley
Posted by: pixelzombie
Date: September 04, 2007 02:30PM
i'm too much of a pyro to buy a gas grill, and i like the flavor that smoke adds...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020