advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Filemaker Pro database's web interface mod ... how to?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 14, 2007 05:18PM
We have FMPro 5.5 running in OS 9.2 serving up a few databases for our company intranet. One database, when viewed on the web, has a few simple search options such as searching by name and a dropdown list to "display last names beginning with"

By default, one view shows a portion of the total records (like 10 or so) "Sorted by field: lastName"

What I want is a button or a choice somewhere to show (or sort) most-recently added records.

I have access to the server and very briefly poked around the database, but didn't see anything related to how data is presented for the web? None of the layouts look anything like what's available when viewing the database on the web.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Filemaker Pro database's web interface mod ... how to?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 15, 2007 01:33AM
Open the data base. Command S should take you to a window that allows you to choose sort criteria.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 15, 2007 01:34AM
PS: If you are on a shared server you may not have authorization to alter the sort criteria.

"Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 15, 2007 04:23PM
Thanks, that got me started. But Sort criteria doesn't "stick." I saw lastName in there and added DateCreated to it and reordered them so that DateCreated was on top (and descending, to show most recent) but after sorting or hitting the db via the web interface DateCreated just disappeared from the Sort list.

I did some digging through the Web Companion and could successfully add DateCreated there in the Sort tab, but the interface doesn't change of course. So ... I found the html files that seem to govern this, blah blah blah. Don't think I'll dig that deep unless I can add functionality, not modify functionality.

In the end I found that the best way was to just change the URL. In it, you can easily see the sort field and if it's ascending so I just typed DateCreated where the URL said lastName and descending where it had ascending and voila.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020