advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
YEEE HAAA!! $40 Seagate HD Rebate Arrives....Finally-Took 13 weeks This Time
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: February 07, 2006 07:54PM
I never lost faith that this Seagate Rebate on a 120GB ATA/100 HD would arrive, but it sure took long enough-13 weeks from 11/27/2005. When I didn't receive it after about 4 weeks (that's how long the first two, on 300GB HDs, took to get last year), I called the #800 telephone number on the rebate form. Bad news, they told me, they'd never received my packet. So, I'd kept copies of everything, even scanned the UPC/Serial# code thing on my Mac and blew it up 150%, and I resubmitted by FAX. Then came the waiting game.

I kept calling the #800 to check on status, and the computer would tell me that "we've received everything necessary to process your rebate, and you will receive it in the timeframe noted on the rebate form" etc etc. So I waited, and waited. Finally, today in the AM I called the #800 again, and this time the computer said "Your check was printed on 02/02/2006" blah blah blah...BUT, then there was another rebate submission on the same HD...and it was judged to be invalid. Huh? So I waited for a service representative to pick up the line.

Turns out, somehow, miraculously, after some 10 weeks, my original submission had "turned up" in the mail, the rep told me, but since I'd already submitted by FAX the nice people at Seagate rebate had to judge it a double submission, and no other check would be printed. End of story.

So my 120GB HD ends up costing $29.99 after $30 Best Buy, and $40 Seagate rebates. Not too bad considering it has 5 years of warranty. And finally, I can go to sleep tonight without this stupid rebate somewhere in the back of my mind. smiling smiley

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: YEEE HAAA!! $40 Seagate HD Rebate Arrives....Finally-Took 13 weeks This Time
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 07, 2006 09:07PM
Glad to hear it finally showed up. Mine last year didn't take nearly that long, but I too was concerned after all the stories I had heard about them from long ago. My Best Buy rebate on the same drive took much longer.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: YEEE HAAA!! $40 Seagate HD Rebate Arrives....Finally-Took 13 weeks This Time
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: February 07, 2006 10:06PM
Yes rgG, it was the biggest relief in weeks when that rebate check was delivered today...things like that just wreak havoc in my subconscious when they don't happen!

As for the Best Buy rebate on the drive, I filed it electronically via the BB web site, and it came in less than 3 weeks...go figure that one. Anyway, I'm still batting 1000 on Seagate rebates, knock on wood thirty times, so that's a good thing.

My favorite rebates from them are still the twin rebates on the two 300GB HDs from last year, netting out at $99.99 per HD. The 120GB HD is in my reconstituted Digital Audio PowerMac G4/1.8 GHz DP (Giga Designs), as the boot drive, and it's a great performer too.
Still believe in Seagate quality, and the 5 year warranty to boot. It's going to be hard to get me buying any other type of HD.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on 3x 250GB 7200.8 SATA Seagate HDs from OWC, @ $116 a copy, that are going into my G5 1.8GHz DP tower. I'm upgrading to a 1TB internal RAID 0 array volume, using the Sonnet G5 Jive setup, and the FirmTek SeriTek 1V/4 4-Port SATA controller, so my world is flat out loaded up with Seagate HDs.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020