advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Leopard and Adobe Compatibility?
Posted by: karsen
Date: October 29, 2007 01:59PM
OK, CS3 apparently works fine with Leopard.
[www.macrumors.com]

I've yet to upgrade to CS3 though, does anyone here have info on CS2 and Leopard compatibility?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Leopard and Adobe Compatibility?
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: October 29, 2007 02:09PM
karsen
[www.macrumors.com]

I've yet to upgrade to CS3 though, does anyone here have info on CS2 and Leopard compatibility?

Apparently you didn't read the link you linked to, or the link to the adobe site.

Products that will require updates for full Leopard compatibility include Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional [aka CS3] and the company’s professional video applications, including Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3 Professional, Encore CS3 and Soundbooth CS3.

Also from the PDF provided in the link you provided: Older Adobe creative software was not designed
to run on Mac OS X Leopard, so you may experience issues installing and using the software
for which there are no solutions.

And you'll notice all the CS2 apps are marked with "not designed for Leopard."

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 29, 2007 02:21PM
More and more, it looks like I won't be installing 10.5 for a while yet. I'm reading about problems with InDesign CS3 (though it's anecdotal) and serious issues with Adobe Acrobat and, of course, good ol' Filemaker. These three apps comprise my entire workday, so I'm staying with Tiger 'til they're ready to run with the Leopard.

Posted by: jdc
Date: October 29, 2007 02:37PM
karsen
[www.macrumors.com]

leps been out for days now -- if CS3 apps didnt work -- it would be all over this forum

i have yet to install it here with CS3 -- i dont use Acrobat Pro 8 much, interested in how it works (or doesnt)

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: October 29, 2007 02:41PM
I have got to believe Adobe is putting the Acrobat 8/Leopard issues on the front burner to be fixed.

PDF workflow is not an option these days.

If I can export to .pdf out of InDesign CD3; I will use it.

Hard to believe that you could use Photoshop 7 from OS X 10.0 through 10.4 but you can't use CS2 apps with 10.5? That's quite a drastic cut off.

Pretty serious cost to step into Leopard for freelancers.

I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making
him carry me, and yet assure myself and others
that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his
lot by all possible means — except by getting off
his back. - Leo Tolstoy, novelist and Philosopher
(1828-1910)

Posted by: karsen
Date: October 29, 2007 03:06PM
Okay MAVIC, I DID read the link, I should have said MOST of CS3 works fine with Leopard. I never considered the video apps part of CS3 anyway, but whatever...

If anyone is using CS2 with Leopard and has feedback I'd be interested to hear it.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 29, 2007 04:13PM
I'll likely see if I can do something weird with an update, like run it on one of my (several) clone drives, and then boot from that and see what works and what doesn't.

Like I said, InDesign CS3, Acrobat Pro, and FileMaker Pro all have to work *flawlessly* (or at least as good as they work now, eh?) for me to upgrade...

[added] Again, though, I will likely not be seeing Leopard's spots for a while:

Adobe said it expects to publish free Leopard compatibility updates for the video applications in December 2007 and for Acrobat 8 Professional and Adobe Reader 8 in January 2008.

I sure wish Apple would hurry up and just buy Adobe and get the ball rolling. Still, their own subsidiary can't keep up, I guess I shouldn't start such pipe dreams flowing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2007 04:16PM by Zoidberg.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020