advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PSA: Wii Availability
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 25, 2007 01:28PM
It may be too late now, but if you're in a small enough area, your local Target may still have it in stock (unannounced sale).
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PSA: Wii Availability
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 25, 2007 02:58PM
We were just at a Super Target in Kannapolis, NC to pick up a couple games that are on
sale for my youngest sons Christmas gifts. I asked the kid there if they were receiving any Wii's and
he said he gets asked about 50 times a day. He also said the store operator is averaging
almost 100 calls for Wii's per day. He said they got a small shipment two days ago and
none since. He said Nintendo initially didn't think it would be as big a hit was it has become
and supposedly they are cranking them out as fast as they can.

Grateful11
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 25, 2007 04:29PM
Yeah, it's crazy. I'm seeing completed auctions on fleabay for the Wii, Wii Play w/Remote, and Nunchuck (total of 2 Wiimotes, 2 Nunchucks, and 14 games) for $700 shipped. Retail is $320 (plus on average $25 tax).
Posted by: incognegro
Date: November 25, 2007 07:15PM
Tried Target this AM first thing; none to be had.
Nor at 2 K-Marts, nor at Toys backwards-R Us, nor one Mal-Wart.

I'm ready to drive into Manhattan to the Worldwide store. How many can you buy there at once?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2007 07:15PM by incognegro.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 25, 2007 07:26PM
incognegro
I'm ready to drive into Manhattan to the Worldwide store. How many can you buy there at once?

They allow 3 per person (last time I checked. ..just an FYI the lines have been getting longer with the holidays approaching). . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: November 25, 2007 07:31PM
I might call them to confirm the 3 limit.
Worth the drive (90 minutes) & wait if I can flip 2 of them for a profit. smiling smiley

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 25, 2007 08:05PM
Carnos Jax
Yeah, it's crazy. I'm seeing completed auctions on fleabay for the Wii, Wii Play w/Remote, and Nunchuck (total of 2 Wiimotes, 2 Nunchucks, and 14 games) for $700 shipped. Retail is $320 (plus on average $25 tax).

I like how they advertise 14 games because it's really only 2 discs, the one that comes with
the Wii, 5 games, and then they purchase Wii Play which has 9 games and claim it has 14 games
which it actually does but not 14 discs. I feel sure many people think actually going to
receive 14 individual games.

I just checked and some of the systems with just the 5 included games are going $690 and
$710. Jeez! In two more weeks they'll probably be going for $1K

BTW: I guess maybe it was worth it to wait 5 hours outside Samsclub on release day last year to get one.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2007 08:11PM by Grateful11.
Date: November 25, 2007 09:48PM
I wonder if they would take a CC order over the phone & just charge to ship it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 638
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020