advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Warranty Issues with Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard?
Posted by: IronMac
Date: February 04, 2008 07:24AM
Hi all,

This is probably a stupid question but just wondering if you would consider the following to be warranty issues that I should take up with the company?

- Caps Lock key lighting up intermittently when pressed on or off.
- Up Arrow key may or may not be responsive when pressed.
- Letter "e" key failed to work (nonresponsive) last week but works now.
- At least six of the keys have had their "printed" characters rubbed off.

Geeze, I never realized how many problems there actually were until I made out the list! I'd better give them a call. sad smiley

Interestingly enough, the second version only has a 1-yr warranty instead of five.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Warranty Issues with Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard?
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: February 04, 2008 09:27AM
Contact them. I've gotten one replacement already - but realize you'll end up with a Tactile Pro 2.0.

I wore out the enter key on the keypad, and the letters off of half a dozen keys as well.

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Posted by: MysteryGuest
Date: February 04, 2008 09:36AM
Oh, my god. (Clutches v. 1 tactile pro to chest).
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: February 04, 2008 11:33AM
True story.

Got my Tactile Pro 1.0 from Edgar, owner of Matias, at MacWorld the year it was introduced. He brought it by the booth to show, I started gushing about it - exactly what I wanted. He gave it to me right there - and I ordered a bunch on the spot.

Got home with it. Put it at my wife's computer to play with that weekend - and it never came to work. She refused to let it off of her desk - and I had to buy one myself from that first batch.

They are THAT good. The 2.0 is not quite as nice (different key mechanism, no longer are they the Alps short stem keycaps), but it's close.

Everybody in the front of our building knows when I am typing though. That's the only downside :>)

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Posted by: jaygime
Date: February 04, 2008 02:05PM
I remember buying the tactile pro 1.0 (from owc, in fact). Too clickety clackety-loud and distracting. Ended up dumping for my old Everex, the BEST keyboard I've ever used -- - bought in the early 90s when keyboards were made like tanks. LIke its old IBM predecessors (and the Apple Extended), the Everex has the best tactile feel of any keyboard I've ever used ... period.
Posted by: IronMac
Date: February 04, 2008 02:27PM
Thanks Jamie...yeah, I am now worried about jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The v.2 model sounds like a piece of junk from what I can tell.

I wonder if I should wait for the v.3 model? I can use my regular Apple keyboard but I really need some of the symbols that are so conveniently laid out on the TP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 149
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020