advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PhotoshopCS justified text?
Posted by: Dik
Date: February 16, 2006 07:27AM
Can Photoshop CS set text so it's even on both sides of a column? If not what do I have to use?

Thanks for help.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PhotoshopCS justified text?
Posted by: Mark (nonick)
Date: February 16, 2006 07:31AM
I was going to type this all out for you, but it's a hell of a lot easier if you click the handy HELP menu, Photoshop Help -> Search -> "Justified" -> "Aligning and justifying type".

If only they didn't hide their help in that silly Help menu it would be easier for people to find, I think.

Date: February 16, 2006 08:00AM
Thanks Mark, I just did that and got as far as the paragraph pallet and found the "Justify Last Left option I'd like to use but it won't work. The first three styles work but not the next four. ?
Date: February 16, 2006 09:17AM
Ah ha! It won't reformat text that's already written. Rewrote text with proper justification box selected and it works.
Thanks again for the jumpstart to help.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: February 16, 2006 10:59AM
Is that true? It won't re-format already typed text? Did you try to select all the text with the type tool?

I think maybe you need to create a box for the type then you should be able to change anything you want. Take the type tool and hold it down, click,hold and drag and a box will form...the cursor will then be blinking for you, waiting for you to type. After typing you can re-format stuff in there.

I realize this has become moot, but maybe the future will justify learning this...
Date: February 16, 2006 03:45PM
Thanks Kraniac,
I did draw a type box before retyping the text, and it worked fine. Still don't know how to reformat an existing text layer without retyping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020