The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Question about TextEdit
Posted by: James
Date: February 16, 2006 03:34PM
A very simple question:

Is there any way to use TextEdit to find/replace carriage return or tabs in a .txt file, or do I HAVE TO use M$ word to do so?



It is my first post in this forum. In fact I did not know about the migration until yesterday - glad to know the good mac heads are still around!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Question about TextEdit
Posted by: JJ
Date: February 16, 2006 03:42PM
Welcome James.

In TextEdit:
to search for returns, type option+return
to search for tabs, type option+tab

Found this in a Google search, hope it works for you.

EDIT: I just tried to use those and I don't think they work. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 03:45PM by JJ.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Question about TextEdit
Posted by: JEBB
Date: February 16, 2006 06:52PM
AppleWorks word processor will show those invisible characters thus making it easy to remove the ones you want.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020